Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

new phone account changed

new phone account changed

My dad gets Spotify premium through his work for free and I had it on my iPhone 6s. I just got my iPhone 7 yesterday and downloaded the spoitfy app, logged into my account and my account was changed to a free account and none of my music was there. Why did this happen and what can I do to fix it?

3 Replies

Hey @kmascaro0908,

It sounds like you've got a second account with Spotify. Are there any other email addresses you could have used to register with Spotify? It's worth checking those inboxes to see if you have any Spotify emails -- that will mean your extra account is registered with that email.

• If you don't have another email address, note how you log into the Spotify app usually.
  • If you use your Facebook details try entering your Spotify username (if you created one originally).
  • If you use your Spotify username try entering just your email address.
MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

so i tried logging in with my email like you said but its telling me either the username or password is incorrect so it will not allow me to use the email as a log in. I tried the forgot password and the username is tells me I have is linked with the email I tried to use. Im not sure why logging on to a different device should have changed my account.

@kmascaro0908

• Try logging in with any and all usernames/passwords you may have used to create an account, or that you regularly use elsewhere. 
  • If you use Facebook, you might have created an account with Spotify through that. Try using the LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK button. 
  • Enter all email addresses you use into Spotify's password reset form (you must be logged out). If an account exists, you’ll receive an email with further details. 
  • Check your email inbox and spam folders for a receipt from Spotify which will include your account's username.
MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts