Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Normally I don't worry about the updates, because if they aren't any good other people will comment and it'll get changed soon enough, but I can't not say something about this new version. You can't search through your albums or artists with side scrolling through the alphabet, which makes scrolling through a huge library incredibly tedious. Some bands I've liked recently are no longer in my library. It used to be you liked a song and that song showed up in your library, but now there are songs that I liked that were literally in my library yesterday and now they are no longer there, even though I can find the song and it shows that I've liked it.

I love Spotify, it is the most used App on my phone, and my life would literally not be the same without it, and under normal circumstances I don't like bitching because its not like you guys did this to **bleep** me off, but seriously, this update was garbage, and it really should be fixed promptly.

13 Replies
Highlighted

Re: new update is awful

dzd5182
Casual Listener

Can't agree more, the new update is absolute trash. Spoke with support and their solution was that you need to follow an artist as well as download the song. Which is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Having to download a song as well as essentially download a feature to let you sort the song by artist is ridiculous. Hopefully enough people complain that they change it back

idontthinksotim
Regular

I just want to be able to listen to music that I have downloaded. I can't even find it now. I don't understand how they thought this would make anything easier.

npassaro0731
Casual Listener

I actually switched back to Apple Music because of this. I want a traditional library, not a playlist for individually liked songs separated from the songs I’ve liked from liking entire albums, etc etc etc. This is typical Spotify trash, attempting to punish you for using the Library, or from wanting to listen to too much of one artist. They want to basically control what you choose to listen to by limiting your ability to make that choice yourself. No “all tracks” list on artist pages is another example of this. The less you can use your library the way you want to, the more they can choose what you listen to, making the labels happy.

Necracia

I totally agree with this, 100%. I loved spotify because it replaced my 50 gig music bank on my phone and laptop with an easy to use and easily accesible program online, but if they do not change this back asap i'm going to unsubscribe my premium account. I'm not paying for music I can't even find in 3 to 5 clicks... I'd rather start downloading and buying online again.

RufioJones

I'm out of here Spotify. Sorry. This is the first bad update from Spotify in my opinion but it's absolutely horrendous. 

- Reinstitute the search bar atop all playlists/categories.

- GIVE US BACK THE USER FRIENDLY LIBRARY YOU NAILED FROM THE GET GO!

(It was one of the best interfaces of all streaming services and set Spotify apart from the competition. Unfortunately it is now imho the worst of the bunch).

- What's the deal with making the queue so hard to access??

- Whatever happened to recently played?

I'll renew my subscription once these are back.

For now, sayonara!

reggiebuttsmash

I never bother to complain on the internet but I HAVE TO say something about this terrible update that is ruining all of our music lives. If they don’t fix it quick I’m pretty done unfortunately. Not worth the money if I can’t find anything. Who looked at this and was like YUP that’s how it should be. They are **bleep**ing stupid 

Truec4
Casual Listener

Its funny bc I never re really used the Library  Just searched through the songs I recently listened to and they just basically rotate as I listen. But now it's all trash and there were songs in that list I never got to save, and cant remember what they were. Which of course they automatically updated without notice, mainly to try it out but force us to try it for them. 

Tyranwyn

Cant even access all my downloaded song anymore. This is ridiculous.

Maxuu
Casual Listener

I used almost every streaming service, literally, and I chose Spotify cause it had the best library and the easiest to use, one update turned it into**bleep**, it's the worst library. If it's not changed soon I'm switching either to google play or Apple music.

SUGGESTED POSTS