Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

no album art in off-line mode with spotify app version 1.0.0.3251

Solved!

no album art in off-line mode with spotify app version 1.0.0.3251

I just upgraded my iphone spotify app to version 1.0.0.3251.  With this version album art is not shown when listening in off-line mode.  Extremely dissappointing, hoping this is just a bug and will be corrected soon.  If not, how can i go back the the previous version of the app?  My Iphone is a 3GS running the latest iOS release for that model which is 6.1.6.

[Mod edit - Dec. 8, 2014]

Hello everyone.  Spotify 2.1.0 has been released to the App Store as of this morning. We believe this issue to be fixed in this latest version. Please post here to let us know if the problem persists.

122 Replies

same here JIM... 😞

Sorry, I never fully tested this bug myself when you first posted about it last month.

For me only some songs are showing album art in offline mode.

I tried playing more songs in offline mode and the album art is not showing for me.

So yes, this appears to be a bug for me as well in the latest version 1.1

The developers already know about this bug, however I'll pester them about it again.

I'll post back when I have more information about a fix.

Hopefully it will be fixed in the next update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Great, sometimes the toughest part of solving the problem is duplicating the bug.  Thanks.

-Jim

Just so you guys know, the developers do read feedback. They take all bug reports seriously. You are not being ignored. Sometimes it can take a while to come out with a fix. 😉

MattSudaSpotify Star

I understand.  It needs to be fixed "right" and not just a quick hack.  It is frustrating to users when a release comes out that appears to take away functionality they have become used to, but your attention and support is appreciated.  Thanks,

-Jim

I heard back from a developer who works on the iPhone app.

They are aware of the bug and are working on a fix for it. The next iPhone update will be 1.2 however this fix will not be in that update because they have to do some major code changes in order to fix it. The fix should be coming in the update after the next. So hopefully the fix will come in update 1.3 or whatever they decide to call it.

The fix could be included in update 1.2 as things change, but as of right now the fix will not make it in time for the next update.

Thanks for your patience and feedback.
MattSudaSpotify Star

thanks for the update

-Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the feedback, although I don't understand how this bug did not come up when testing. BTW Incidentally album art is shown for a song but I cannot reproduce when this happens.

Is there a thread where all bugs/compaints about new releases are collected? for example:

- I cannot add tracks to playlists when off-line when I go to track options from album art view (only when I go to track options from the playlist)

- The button for song details is tiny, I alwas have to tap is several times before it responds. Before I could simply tap the album art to get into song details.

- Also I have to push a smal X to get back to the playlist in stead of swiping down. This is dangerous when using the phone as a car stereo!

- Starred tracks button diapeared (already found several  threads on that)

- Switching on/ off-line seems to have gotten even harder with all the menu's (there are several threads to finally develop a "stream over 3G" switch so you don't have to do this manually all the time, however not enough Kudo's on a single thread to get developers working)

- Progress of synchronizing songs does not show any more

It used to be so nice, sitting in my car tapping the big album covers to add them to Favorites when I heard a great track. Now it is no longer safe to do this because of the small buttons.

PS Imagine someone would paint your white stereo black because they thought it looked better, would you like that? So why change my Spotify app?

After update on version 1.2.0 i still don't have album covers in offline mode! How is that possible?

@shubster wrote:

After update on version 1.2.0 i still don't have album covers in offline mode! How is that possible?

This bug should be fixed in the next update. It's taking longer to fix, so that is why it did not make it into version 1.2.0.

MattSudaSpotify Star

How could this issue not have come up in testing? Whoever was responsible for testing this new and "improved" design has a lot to answer for. 

If these issues regarding fundamental features of the app (such as album art in local files) were discovered in testing, why release a half-hearted new design to a paid userbase? Particularly in a streaming music environment that is about to be turned on it's head by the new Apple/Beats venture.

If it wasn't discovered in testing, what the hell were the testers testing for? 

Here's what I believe the extent of the testing was for this new design

Step 1: Click on Spotify app icon

Step 2: Does app load and show a new black UI? If yes, testing complete 

END OF TEST

Spotify needs to lift it's game - fix the embarassing issues with this new design - and do it fast

It's appalling how long we need to wait between updates, I've had apps by single person developers release updates in half the time this app is taking!

If it's an App Store issue - then find another way to get updates and fixes to your PAID users sooner....

LIFT...YOUR....GAME....SPOTIFY.....and LISTEN and RESPOND to your users.....

Relying on active members of a forum community to cover your behinds is amateur hour.

Any news on this issue? Extremly irritating to not have a product that is working properly as a premium customer! 

Please give us a status update!

Current status for this bug:

This bug should be fixed in the next update. It's taking longer to fix, so that is why it did not make it into the recent version 1.2.0.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Still doesn't explain the carelessness displayed by releasing a product with such fundamental bugs in the first place

All it would have taken to prevent this issue occurring, and affecting the PAID experience of premium users - was to open a Local file... look at the screen and say "Gee by golly, there doesn't appear to be any album art, I better fix this before I release this app update! and tout it as the best thing ever to happen in the history of Spotify"

Unacceptable

Can Spotify please communicate what they are doing to prevent substandard releases in future?

Can Spotify please communicate why their updates are taking so long, when their apps are their core product offering?

Can they also advise why they are not making any official communication acknowledging the UPROAR over this new design?

Just updated to new new release V1.3.01903.  This bug is still NOT fixed!  Really?!!  I have been very patient but I think it might be time to switching to one of the many other streaming services.

i update yesterday too and saw the same, this will be my last premium month. i wont give my money to a company that have this critical app bugs.

Last month, I've made the switch over to Deezer, because of all the iOS app problems since version 1.0. As I like Spotify very much, I follow the news regarding bug fixes and new app versions. Hoping, that I can come back some day. But I am also absolutely astonished, that this problem hasn't been fixed for months now. Just wondering, Spotify is the only company which product I absolutely like but they seem to want to prevent me from using it. Why? Too many premium subscribers? Fear of success? I don't get it...

The problem is still not fixxed with the latest release!

Why is it that complacated to fix it?

When I add a new playlist to offline mode and listen to the music in offline mode no cover is shown.

When I start listen to the first (for example) 5 songs in ONLINE mode the cover is shown, also later in offline mode.

But the rest of the songs which I have never heard in online mode has no f***in cover.

I use my older iPod in the car only in offline mode and the covers are important for me.

I was also shocked to see that this bug has not been fixed.

How about some communication as to why it is taking so long, because it seems like a pretty simple thing to fix to the end-user!

Just upgraded to v1.4 and off-line album art is STILL not fixed.  In addition, the app has again become sluggish responding to user input.  This is ridiculous ... you need to stop adding new stuff and focus on fixing existing features that are broken.

Suggested posts