Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Canvas

Solved!

Canvas

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 13 pro max

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

I've been trying to access Canvas for the longest from my account. At first it seemed like something only accessible to certain users due to beta testing but it's been around for quite a while now and still no luck. My data saver is off and I've done all other pre-requisites that people have mentioned. Please help, the cool visualizers are the only reason I switched to Spotify Premium from other streaming services.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there, thanks for asking in the community.

The canvas feature is not available to 100% of the users in all markets/regions. That might be why you are not able to see it. You can try logging out and in twice in a row to check if that works. Also, make sure your phone is updated.

You can also transfer your library to another account using the steps mentioned here.

Make sure if you have an active subscription to check the article mentioned here. Hope that helps.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

qatar

Device

iPhone 8+

Operating System

iOS 14.0.1

My Question or Issue is that I never get canvas when I play any song on spotify. I have the option turned on and my data saver is off

2A764C90-AB96-4968-8B44-50A6FBC6D179.png

Hey @amna00, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I have the same problem, i 

Marked as solution

Hey there, thanks for asking in the community.

The canvas feature is not available to 100% of the users in all markets/regions. That might be why you are not able to see it. You can try logging out and in twice in a row to check if that works. Also, make sure your phone is updated.

You can also transfer your library to another account using the steps mentioned here.

Make sure if you have an active subscription to check the article mentioned here. Hope that helps.

AmayySpotify Star

Hey all,

I have the Spotify app on my Samsung tablet and updated the app this afternoon (I have version 8.7.54.430 now).

However, I can't see videos belonging to songs, which I never could though.

I have a free account, but that shouldn't matter.

Attached you can see photos of my settings and you can also clearly see that the Canvas button, which is needed for playing the videos, is missing. Why is that and how can I get it? Or is there another way to play the videos?

Hopefully somebody could help me out!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Anna Zuidgeest

Screenshot_20220812-155701.png
Screenshot_20220812-155715.png
Screenshot_20220812-155708.png

Hey @AnnaZuid , thanks for your input. Unfortunately, Canvas is not available on tablets yet. One more thing to note is that if you are talking about Videos, there are video podcasts but that is a different thing than Canvas. They are not related.

AmayySpotify Star

I am having the same issue now too. I used to have Canvas for any song that had one and now I cant see them on anything. which is really sad as Taylor Swift updated hers 😞  I have uninstalled several times, logged out and back in and still not an option to even turn on canvas anymore. Would love for this to be fixed. (Also in the US and everyone else I know with an iphone has canvas)

Hey @jordan673083,

Thank you for your reply in this thread and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Would you mind checking if there's any software updates available for your device and then performing a clean reinstall of Spotify to see if your app features are then successfully updated? 

If a family member has a Spotify account, could you ask them to log in on your device to see if the app behaves the same way? It'd also be good if you try logging into another device to test if Canvas option is available there. 

If you still don't see the option, we'd appreciate it if you share the make, model, OS version and Spotify version of the device you're using. 

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 15.6

My Question or Issue

As the title suggests, my Spotify account does not have Canvas mode/Music videos at all. I've had my account for a very long time and I have never had the feature. I did a multitude of steps to try to fix the issue. For example, clearing cache, logging out and back in, deleting the app and reinstalling, deleting the app then clearing the cache then reinstalling, tried using my account on other devices with no luck. I tried talking to an agent and they said my "network profile was corrupted on their end".

The suggested to reinstall the app after they made a change which did not fix anything on my end.

I even created a whole new account with the same region as my current account which it did have this feature. That is just not fair.

Anyone else have this issue? Did you figure out how to fix the issue? Does Spotify even listen to concerns like this? 

It actually has been irritating me for so long that I actually might switch to another streaming service because this ridiculous. I'm not paying $15 a month for features I don't have.

I've had Canvas before, but for a couple of months now, I've noticed it has disappeared. I tried to use another account on a different device, and it still has the Canvas feature. So I tried logging in the former account to that device, but unfortunately, it didn't fix the problem and there was still no Canvas. So it could be my account having the problem and not the device.

I've already reached out to Spotify Cares and they suggested to logout and in twice in a row but that didn't fix the problem. It's also worth noting that I have Data Saver off, updated my Spotify to the latest version, and that I had the Canvas feature before (which means Canvas is already available in my region), but it mysteriously disappeared. I'd like to add that the Canvas toggle switch on the settings is nowhere to be found since the feature disappeared.

Any help would be appreciated!

My phone is fully updated. Spotify is fully updated. Logging out and back in twice did not work. Nothing seems to work. 

I want to see the videos playing in the background for songs. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and signing out, but the canvas option still isn't there.

When I open the settings I can't see the Canvas option. I updated Spotify to the newest version, so I don't know why I can't access this option.

Hi Elena I have the same problem. I’m using an iPhone 12 with iOS 16.1.1 installed. Tried logging out and back in, deleting and re-downloading the app multiple times and still no option to even turn canvas on!? It’s honestly super frustrating because I’ve been a premium user since around 2015. I remember having the canvas option when it first came out but it disappeared sometime in 2020, it didn’t bother me but now I want it back!

Tengo Spotify premium y también otros amigos, a mis amigos les aparecen los canvas o los lienzos en las canciones, y cuando yo reproduzco la misma canción en la que a ellos les aparece el canvas, en mi app no aparecen.
Ya fui a configuración para tratar de activarlos pero ni siquiera me aparece la función para activar los canvas, alguien sabe a que se deba y que puedo hacer para solucionarlo por favor

I have this issue as well, I checked for updates and did a clean reinstall of the app, and none of my devices on hand behave differently.

I'm on a Galaxy s22 ultra running Android 13 with Spotify version 8.7.92.521

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

(Xiaomi Redmi note 9 Pro global)

Operating System

(Android 12)

My Question or Issue

Hello sir, my phone stopped loading the canvas videos in the applied songs. I tried reinstalling the app, deleting cache, deleting online cache and many other methods but nothing worked. I also contacted support and after discussing and they told me that they had no solution for this problem. I managed to find a temporary solution to this. Does anyone have a possible solution that isn't mentioned? Or is my only option to wait for it to eventually fix itself? Please help, not even the Spotify Cares guy could do something

Screenshot_2023-01-19-17-11-39-716_com.spotify.music.jpg

Same here im having the same issue. Before i got the 13 pro max, my iphone 11 had canvas for spotify but ever since i got my 13 pro max, i never had canvas and its really frustrating!

I want to see spotify canvas while listening to music but cant find the setting to enable it. I went in my setting and looked, cant find it.

Suggested posts