Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPod Touch

Operating System

iOS 5.1.1

My Question or Issue

Hi. Untill 1 week ago, Spotify was working fine on my old ipod touch. But because spotify ceased connecting and updating the playlists a week ago, I tried to solve this issue by removing the app and then re-installing it. But...when trying to re-install after selecting Spotify in my list of previous purchases, the app store no longer offers the option to install an older version. Are the older versions no longer present in the app store of Apple ? I did the same less than a year ago and it worked fine then. Has something changed in the app store? And is it no longer possible for older versions to connect to your servers to update playlists?

3 Replies

Hey @namibdesert,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We can confirm that the only Spotify version available is the one currently distributed through the official stores.

As a heads-up, it'd be good for you to take a look at the app's system requirements to double-check if the devices you use can support the app. You can do it here

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Mario. Good to know now for sure that there are no older versions of Spotify available anymore in the app store.

Based on the amount of posts about this subject (re-installing Spotify on somewhat older devices like iPods, iPads and iPhones) on this forum, youtube etc. I think that it is a pity that this is not possible anymore. There appear to be a lot of users that will be confronted and saddened by this issue.

kind regard,

Namib.

Yep. This is absolutely terrible. So is this now permanent or is Spotify going to release a better version and heed the demand of their customers?

Suggested posts