Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

people list

people list

Ever since I signed up for spotify I have not had a Peoples List. Its just blank. I thought it may be because my premium subscription had not kicked in yet but thats not the case. Can someone please help me? Im thinking about canceling my subscription since I am not getting this service.

6 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Your peoples list will be populated automatically if your account is connected to Facebook. Are you connected to Facebook?

If you log in using a spotify username and passwork, then you can connect your account to Facebook in Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Connect to Facebook. You can also add your friends without Facebook to your people list by searching for them using spotify:user:username (where username is their spotify username) in the desktop client and then adding them to your lists. 

If you log in using your Facebook details, this should happen automatically. 

If you are still having issues, try a quick clean reinstallation.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So if I'm understanding you correctly (and I hope I'm not), you're saying that I cannot add friends to my people list in the mobile app at all AND that adding friends in the desktop app (which I don't have and never will) requires me to connect my Spotify account to Facebook (which I will never do). Is that correct?

You can add friends in the desktop application without Facebook by searching for them using spotify:user:theirusername however I do not think that this works in the mobile clients. As far as I am aware, it is not possible to search for others in the mobile applications.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The mobile app does have a search screen under People, it just doesn't appear to actually do anything. Searching from the desktop app is not a solution. I'm not installing a desktop app I'll never use just to do something the mobile app should already let me do.

Just too stupid if cant see my friends and add them on ios apps without using facebook. İ think i will unsubscribe.

Am i paying for spotify or facebook? What the hell!!! i dont want to use facebook!!!!

Ban!!!

I'm having the same issue. The people list is just empty on my iOS device so I can't share to my spotify friends BUT it works on the desktop app. Silly you can't get the same functionality through out all apps. LIke others I will never connect my spotify account with facebook.

Please fix this spotify, back in the days the app didn't have anything to do with facebook! Please bring the functionality back to the spotify-user community 🙂

Suggested posts