Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

play album on iphone

play album on iphone

I'm brand new to spotify, and I just can't figure this out. I have an album I want to play. I really don't care if it shuffles or not, but I can only play one song on the album before spotify shuffles in a song from the same artist but a different album. Same thing happens if I create a playlist from the album.

Please help.

4 Replies

Hey @hunfta311, welcome to Spotify and thanks for trying the Community                          here are some videos on youtube to introduce how to use the app. I'm also sharing here a how-to play a song from Spotify's Help section. 

Another idea:

1) when you open the Spotify app, tap the Search button at the bottom in your dock. 2) Type in the name of the album you want to play - it should pop up under 'Top Result or scroll down to the Albums subheader and find it there.

3) Tap on the Album you want to play and then tap again on the first song in the field and the Album will play all the way through

4) Turn off shuffle mode by tapping on the Play bar just above your Dock and make sure the Shuffle function in the bottom left is not highlighted green

Please mark as 'solved' if this reply answered your query, so others will be able to see the solution. Thank you!

Thanks. I’ve reviewed bunches of videos and they don’t offer the solution.

I tried your four-step process, and when I click on the first song in the album, the big green ShufflePlay button flickers and nothing happens.

Got any other ideas?

Can you share a picture of your screen and the flickering shuffle button please? Thanks!

I hit the first track and that big shuffle button just flickers slightly. Nothing plays unless I hit that button then it shuffles by artist not album or playlist.

Suggested posts