playing local files on iphone

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 5s

Operating System

IOS 12.4.5

My Question or Issue

I want to play my pc's local songs on my phone and I have tried to follow many of the guides but the files does not appear on my phone (only my pc), it says that it cant be downloaded and that i should sync it but that does not work.

Please help if you have any idea on how to fix this

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @platcat

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

It's a good idea first to change the source of the local files on your PC. Simply create a new folder in a different directory on the device and move your local files to this folder.

Then just delete the old folder used for the local files. Now you can try syncing the files again with your iPhone.

If that doesn’t do the trick, just let us know and we’ll provide you with further help. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @platcat

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

It's a good idea first to change the source of the local files on your PC. Simply create a new folder in a different directory on the device and move your local files to this folder.

Then just delete the old folder used for the local files. Now you can try syncing the files again with your iPhone.

If that doesn’t do the trick, just let us know and we’ll provide you with further help. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks! this helped.

Hey there @platcat

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We’re happy to hear this is fixed for you.

Now you can enjoy your music with Spotify. 

Thank you and take care! 

Suggested posts