Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

playlist says it's downloaded but will only play the 15-20 latest songs downloaded offline

playlist says it's downloaded but will only play the 15-20 latest songs downloaded offline

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iphone 6s plus

Operating System

older iOS idk

My Question or Issue

My iphone has 16gb and it often says I'm running out of storage. I have premium and i have two playlists downloaded. One of them i recently downloaded like a week ago and it only has 34 songs, this playlist plays offline. But, i have another playlist that has 500ish songs and this is my main one that i've had downloaded for like a year. Most of the time when a song won't play in a playlist it has a gray tint over it, but none of the songs in this playlist have that gray tint. Still, only the 15-20 latest songs added to the playlist play when offline. I'm sure it's bc i have like no storage, but i was wondering if it would work better if i split up that really big playlist into smaller playlists?  

1 Reply

Hey @gigi003, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

When a song is greyed out it means the artist has removed it from Spotify and it's no longer available to be streamed. Learn more here.

About the storage, Spotify recommends having at least 1GB of free storage for optimum performance. Reinstalling many apps would probably help clear the storage they take because they store a lot of data during the period you use them. Make sure to have iOS 12.4.5 installed as well. Try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also suggest using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline Devices from your Spotify's account page.

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts