Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

playlist with local files appears empty

playlist with local files appears empty

There are several other threads discussing syncing local files with iphone but I haven't managed to solve my problem. I have created on desktop version 2 different playlists each with different local files (.mp3 / not protected). Then on my iphone, while on the same wifi, I see the songs of the first playlist but the second playlist appears completely empty! I tried to reinstall my desktop version but the problem remains

Any ideas? 

5 Replies

I have the same issue. Unless the playlist is downloaded to my iphone when on the same wifi on my computer, the playlist appears empty(see attached). I used to see and stream my local files in the playlist on my iphone from my computer. I am using version 8.4.0.623 on iOS 10.3.1 on iPhone 6. I am a premium user.

Please resolve this issue immediately.

Thank you
IMG_1311.PNG

From this window (the one pictured) hit the little 3 dots in the upper right hand corner for drop down menu. At the top of the list is "Download". Hit that & the playlist downloads, provided you're on the same network as the computer that contains the files & you have Spotify open on you computer. Hope this helps.    🙂

I am having this issue.

Iphone 6s Plus iOS 10.3.2  - Spotify 8.4.8.467

Windows 10 Pro - Spotify 1.0.58.573.g57c9cd87

A playlist with Local Files only shows "Want to add songs to this playlist?"  do the "..." and select download, but nothing happens.

I did find an older version of iOS Spotify (6.8.0.3786) in my iTunes which would allow me to see the songs in the playlist but would just say "waiting for download" and do nothing.

I am on the same wifi network!  I double check this a lot.

Thanks

Pete

This didn't work for me. Still empty.

Spotify used to have the feature to view all of the tracks even if they weren't downloaded on the iPhone and the ability to stream even if they weren't tracks spotify hosted.

Any reason this functionality is gone?

Please let me know.

Thank you

Suggested posts