Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 1.13.2

My Question or Issue

for the past couple weeks i have been unable to sync from my windows 10 pc to my iphone  8. I have been seeing other people with similar problems on the forums and it looks like it is only and ios problem, i have followed all directions given by spotify, i DO NOT have router issues, i DO NOT have more then 10000 songs downloaded on my phone or computer, and i do not have any firewalls blocking my computer or phone from doing anything, and this has worked for me in the past. Just getting that out there so some dude doesnt just give me the whole speech "uhhh... u press download, then go on same wifi, then poof." something clearly went wrong when spotify updated ios compatibility for ios 1.13 and i really hope this can be fixed as soon as possible, i just wanna listen to mac millers old mixtapes. plz and thank u.

5 Replies

oh also just btw, i have clean wiped spotify from my windows pc(which is quite annoying) tried both microsoft store and online spotify individually as well as individually wiping them, and clean wiped spotify from my phone. nothing has worked, it clearly has to do with the platform itself.

Hey @touchamyspaghet, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Can you try syncing a local song by connecting to your phone's hotspot?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

yes jacob i have tried that, and i have blocked all internet routers from blocking my spotify and i have blocked all firewalls. the wifi is private, and the whole pick up and play thing is on. there is nothing wrong with my internet, it is about spotifys platform and the update for compatibility with ios 1.13. it clearly fudged up some syncing problmes

but thank u for replying jacob, i understand ur skepticalism, i can 99.9% guarantee it isnt my internet my phone or my computer, i have done quite a lot of troubleshooting.

@touchamyspaghet,

I have an iPhone 7 on iOS 13.1.2 (latest version), Spotify version 8.5.28.2, syncing with a MacBook Pro on macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6 (the latest before Catalina) and I just downloaded and synced a new .mp3 file to my phone using the Local Files feature, it's definitely not an issue with your iOS.

Have you actually tried syncing using your phone's hotspot? I know you think your network is set up correctly but I'd like you to try via hotspot anyway (no wifi network involved at all). If you haven't tried because you can't use a hotspot or you have limited data, there is one other thing I can suggest (if you are using a Mac, that is).

Suggested posts