Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Albums" tab now only displays FULL albums I've "Liked" and absolutely ruins how I browse

"Albums" tab now only displays FULL albums I've "Liked" and absolutely ruins how I browse

As stated, the option I once had to view ALL of the music I had saved (in alphabetical order from artist) under my albums tab is now gone. Instead I now have to scroll through THOUSANDS of songs under the "Songs you've liked" playlist just to browse ALL of my music. The "albums" tab now only shows full albums I have saved. ALSO taking away the "save" option and replacing it with a "like" option (which just throws it in a playlist jumbled with all of my other music instead of saving  and organizing it under an album title and alphabetized by artist) is the most cheap and pathetic change that could've been made. I understand changing the view and moving around a few buttoms but taking away how my library was organized just has completely ruined how I browse my music and find what I feel like listening to from the music I've saved. 

Plan

Premium for now

Country

US

Device

Iphone 7

Operating System

iOS 12.3.1

My Question or Issue

How can I personally beat the developers **bleep**?

4 Replies

Hey there @mrcooldad

thanks for posting !

The things you're describing might be connected to the latest change of the "Your Libary" feature of the app.

I recommend reading this article provided by the Spotify "News Room".

In addition, this Spotify answer might shed some light and help as well.

However, if you feel like you have a better suggestion or ideas concering the change, feel free to post them on the "Ideas" section of the community so users can vote and write their comments on it.

Hoep this helps 😃

That article pretty much just confirms that how I used to browse my music is now gone unless I want to go and follow the hundreds of artist from which I had music saved from.

Hey @mrcooldad,

The articles are the official source of info needed to understand the new changes.

However, as i suggest, you can raise your thoughts about is using the "Ideas" section of the community.

Have a great day 😃

I made an account just to say that this change basically ruined my music setup too, and there's nothing I can do about it.
I've become dependent on Spotify. Previously cultivated libraries were abandoned when I made the switch, so moving away from Spotify would have a huge time cost to get back to a similar point with a different service.
So I have to just suck it up and deal with the fact that the UX has pivoted to become LESS USEFUL.

I'm glad I found your post because I hate it too.

I used to be able to save partial albums. There are several albums that I love but with one or two songs that ruin the vibe/mood. I used to be able to listen to an album and exlude the songs I didn't like.
Now I can only save/listen to whole albums. So when I'm driving I have to play with my phone in order to skip songs I don't like, that I never used to have to listen to. Thanks Spotify.

Suggested posts