Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Appears On" now missing in app

"Appears On" now missing in app

Hello, 

It looks as though as of this morning the app for my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 no longer has the "Appears On" sub-group under the Artist's page.  This section is absolutely necessary in order to see an artist's remix releases, or even their contributions on Compilation albums of Various Artists.  Otherwise, you have no way of knowing about these additional releases.  Can someone please assist with this problem, or explain the rationale/workaround for this?  Thanks so much, appreciate the help.  

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

65 Replies

This feature used to be present on iOS devices where you could go into an artist profile and there would be a separate section for albums the artist “appeared on”. I checked and the feature is still on the desktop but missing on the iOS app. Please vote to get this back!

Hi @ Not appearing on iOS iphone 7 software version 13.3.1 - Spotify version 8.5.55

As of today - 4-26-20, still not showing in iPhone. Is it showing on Mac Desktop. I have a family account and 'Appears on" does not show on their iOS accounts

• Dude fr this is how I find music Spotify fix this please.

Updated on 2020-04-28

Hey @Mrkordei,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We'll just need a bit more info to understand your idea in order to give it the right status.

Just to confirm, are you referring to the 'Appears on' section of an Artist page on the Android app?

If so, could you send us a screenshot which shows where you'd expect to see this section?

Thanks - keep us posted!

Yes i am referring to the "appears on" section and it used to be near the bottom  of a artist's page in the picture below

Screenshot_20200428-093659_Spotify.jpg

That's what I've been saying!!

I'm glad people feel the same as I do. It's been weeks now and they still haven't brought it back. What is the hold up Spotify?! Clearly people want this feature back and it made no sense to remove it.

Bring back on iOS and Android. Bring the feature back, PERIOD.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

OnePlus 5T

Operating System

OxygenOS 9.0.11

My Question or Issue

I noticed about a week ago that the "Appears on" section was removed on my Android app, though it remains on desktop. This is really frustrating - I listen to a lot of electronic music, and most artists I like have remixes or compilation tracks that only appear in this section instead of their main profile - and the removal means that dozens of songs per artist which were easy to locate before the update are no longer easily accessible. This is, quite frankly, a breaking issue for me, and if there's no clear path to resolution I will likely research Spotify alternatives. Thanks!

The appears on section was yet another great and unique feature of Spotify that leaves me scratching my head when the feature is gone. Why do this?!? Clearly people enjoy this section. For those that want to find their own music and not be slave to an algorithm, this was KEY. Really hoping to see this back.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States 

Device
iPhone X

Operating System

iOs 10

My Question or Issue

I noticed recently that the Appears On feature is missing on the app and it is very frustrating because that was how I found most of my songs. Please bring back the Appears On feature @Spotify!

Plan

Premium

Country

United States 

Device
Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android 8.0 Oreo

My Question or Issue

"Appears On" feature is missing.

PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!

• Your device and its operating system version : OnePlus 6t / Android version 10
  • The exact Spotify version you're on : 8.5.56.1186
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried : logout of app / uninstall app, turned off phone, reinstalled app
  • Does this persist on different devices (for example on the desktop app)? : It works on my laptop

please bring back the appears on section on ios. it disappeared about a month ago and hasn’t returned.

'Appears On' does not show on iOS version 8.5.56. MacOS version works fine. Logging out and full thorough re-install does not work.

I have 'Appears on' in the iOS app 8.5.56.1214. Maybe they're testing different layout for other countries.

The removal of the “appears on” section on the mobile app must be REPLACED. It is incredibly changing how much I use this app. Really weird move on y’alls part, seems like the most generative feature....

I have iOS app 8.5.56.1214 and there is absolutely no sight of the “Appears On” section.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

This is literally the UI equivalent of cutting off an important limb. Why should I keep paying for something that now wishes to offer less while demanding the same as it did before?

They still have not given any notice on the update on this and it's been going on for over a month. How hard is it to bring back something you already had?!

Spotify get your act together! The community is talking and you're not listening!!!

They still haven't given an update on this issue. It's been over a month now!

Hi Katerina,
This should not be accepted as a solution as multiple users have tried this with no luck. Please forward to the right team so they can correct this issue.

Suggested posts