Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Appears On" now missing in app

"Appears On" now missing in app

Hello, 

It looks as though as of this morning the app for my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 no longer has the "Appears On" sub-group under the Artist's page.  This section is absolutely necessary in order to see an artist's remix releases, or even their contributions on Compilation albums of Various Artists.  Otherwise, you have no way of knowing about these additional releases.  Can someone please assist with this problem, or explain the rationale/workaround for this?  Thanks so much, appreciate the help.  

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

65 Replies

Looking around between here and reddit, this issue has been reported for at least a month with no change. What about artists who have a compilation release today? Fans literally have no way to reach the new release from my profile on mobile. 

Because now they can prioritize the “featured on” section where they can push the playlists that labels pay them for. Once again Spotify cares only about their own money and not artists.

If they truly care about money, they best bring back the Appears On feature before a bunch of us stop renewing our premium memberships and go to a different streaming service

Wow... okay at this point I’m convinced that Spotify doesn’t care about their customers at all, even their paying customers. 

Not only is the “Appears On” section still missing after over a MONTH of feedback, the section just disappeared on my desktop app too. Meaning there is literally zero way to access any of those songs/albums anymore unless they’re directly searched for.

This is not only a huge inconvenience to listeners, but also extremely hurts artists (especially smaller ones) as any remixes or compilations albums they’ve done are no longer visible to people visiting their artist page. It’s absolutely ridiculous and at this point feels like Spotify is just too afraid to tell us that they’ve taken away the feature (for no good reason I might add).

I’m on the verge of switching to a different music service because this is a joke. I’m tired of paying money for features just to be taken away. Extremely disappointed Spotify. 

Seems spotify has zero interest in fixing this issue which leads me to believe that it was intentionally removed. Why they can't be honest about it is beyond me!

Let's all keep hounding them until they issue a formal statement. 

Why would they remove this?! Just updated my desktop app and it's gone from there now too. Great, no way of seeing what artists appear on now. I truly hope this is a bug that will be fixed. This is in no way an improvement. Listen to what us users want, we are the ones paying for your service, and we will stop paying and go to alternative platforms when you remove important features like this.

Suggested posts