Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Offline Sync" does not work

"Offline Sync" does not work

I have a few songs on my computer playlists that I cannot play on my iPhone. When I try to play the song on my phone I get the directions on how to sync to my phone, it does not work!
Both devices are offline, my iPhone shows as the device to sync to, the green arrow shows by one song, but the title is still "faded" and it does not play. I have wifi at home, I'm doing everything accordingly, but it doesn't work! I have space, I haven't exceeded anywhere near 3,00 songs.
10 Replies

Are these songs MP3s that are on your computer?

Or are you trying to download the songs that are streamable on Spotify?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

A few are, most are from C.D.'s

Do these songs have any special characters in the title besides just letters or numbes?

There is a current bug that causes some MP3s with (parenthesis, commas, dashes, etc.) to not sync to the iPhone app.

It is likely that because of this bug, you are having problems.

The developers are currently investigating this bug. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Nope, no special characters.

Not sure what could be causing this then...

Have you followed the guide from the Spotify help page on how to sync MP3s to your iPhone?

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-to-local-files

If you haven’t done this before, make sure your device is authorised to your computer. On your computer, open Spotify, click Devices, and select its name, then ‘Sync this device with Spotify’.
  1. Using the desktop app, add local music files you want to sync to a playlist.
  2. Log into Spotify on your iPhone using the same WiFi network as your desktop.
  3. Tap the Menu button button.
  4. Tap Your Music.
    Your Music button
  5. Tap Playlists.
    Playlists button
  6. Select the playlist containing the local music files and press the Available Offline switch at the top.
  7. Available offline slider
  8. A green arrow will appear next to the tracks when syncing is complete.
    Offline sync green icon

MattSudaSpotify Star

This has been happeneng to me sonce I got my iPhone 6. Random localfiles do not sync.

@larsmurray22 

There is a current bug that causes any local files with special characters in the title (parenthesis, commas, dashes, etc.) to not sync.

It is likely that you are having trouble because of this bug.

The developers are currently investigating this bug. Hopefully it will be fixed in an update soon!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Okay, the green arrow appears next to one of the songs, but the title is "grey" and it still will not play on my phone.  The other songs, which were also MP3 downloads from Amazon and do not have special characters in the titles, do not show the green arrow and will not sync to the phone either.  I am also having issues with songs from a c.d. that I downloaded onto my computer then added songs to a playlist that will not sync to my phone as well.

@TLCONRAD 

Have you tried reinstalling the app yet?

Other people have had luck by reinstalling the app on their iPhone and then redownloading the playlists for offline use.

I know it's a hassle to reinstall the app, but it has fixed people's problems in the past.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts