Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Show this code to a friend" won't stop showing up !!!!

Solved!

"Show this code to a friend" won't stop showing up !!!!

Can someone please help me. When im on the app whenever I click the three dots to add a song to my playlist or whatever it constantly keeps telling me "show this code to a friend" etc etc can someone please tell me how to stop it ??? Because I don't need to keep seeing it over and over again I already seen it once I started my account so WHY does it keep popping up ??!
IMG_1515.PNG
29 Replies

+1 for please fix this, or I will also be moving on to another service.

Super annoying
Marked as solution

Dear Spotify developer who coded this,

Please fix your freaking bug. Or, if you've already been fired, had your temp contract canceled, or ended your no-hire internship, please notify your former supervisor that your half-assed project is still broken and causing daily agony to thousands of users. And remind them never to let you code an engagement feature again.
You need to persist the fact that the user dismissed the upsell. Not just in memory. In storage.

Also, these rebirthed QR codes aren't going to work, so just give up that dream right now.

I'm going to find you on LinkedIn and endorse you for Obnoxious Tone-Deaf User Interfaces. Then I'm going to conference call your parents and explain why they should still be disappointed in you.
Marked as solution

Update just came in today. Is the bug still present? I'm not sure. I'll be testing today and will let you know later
Marked as solution

I just installed the 8.4.8 update on my iphone. The first time i went into song sharing the annoying dialogue popped up. Killed the app and restarted and the dialogue didn't come up again. The share code was just on the screen and i didn't have to X out of it. Looks like it's fixed. Thank you Spotify.... but please don't make these kind of mistakes in the future!

Yep it's fixed

NO! This does not solve the problem and I will not like, because it's not helpful at all.  Having to click this pop-up off is annoying and the kind of forcing me to show Spotify to my friends that will get me to cancel my subscription and go elsewhere. Just my two cents, or rather $9.99 a month 😞

This "feature" was the worst idea I have ever seen on Spotify.  You basically added a permanent annoyance and dismiss window to the user interface.  Nobody cares about sharing this code with their friends via the camera.  Even if someone did actually want to use this feature, after it is dismissed once, the dialog window should never pop up again. Who signed off on implementing this idea?  What a waste of time and a horrible customer experience.  Absolutley infuriating interface!!  Terrible QA.  

Very annoying.  Just cancelled my account because of this.  

The X That Will Cause Cancelation For This Longtime Premium

Customer.....,,,

Well, today is  April 11th, *2018* yep, 2018, and the pop up is still

there. I can’t add a song to a playlist. Oh, to make it way way way....worse..,,pressing the X , it does nothing!!!! What’s the deal????? Come on now already!

3A53B5FE-CC81-426E-859E-31C7C765E2A0.png

Suggested posts