Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Something went wrong" can't like or dislike songs

"Something went wrong" can't like or dislike songs

Radio is constantly giving me an error when trying to thumbs up or down a song. The only consistent way to fix is to uninstall the app and reinstall but that only fixes it for about 24 hours. Is there a solution to this? I am sick of downloading this app every day for basic functionality.

I have a paid account if that makes a difference. Thanks!
9 Replies

Am I seriously the only one having this issue? I literally have to uninstall and reinstall this app every 24 hours just to use thumbs up/down in radio

definitely having the same issue.
spotify sucks now

Exact same issue. This is kind of ridiculous considering the exact same problem has been occurring over the past 5 years or so.

I have the same issue.  An artist that has nothing to do with the genere of my radio station keeps coming up.  I can't even thumb it down to remove the song/ artis from my radio.  Makes listening to music frustrating.  I listen to music for the opposite effect.

Reinstalling the app does NOTHING.

Spotify please get your act together.  I am new to Spotify, signed up to Premium yesterday, and now have the same problem.  Searchin* these posts it seems this problem has been around for a few years.

I’m getting the same thing with a premium account. Can’t find any solutions. iPhone 6S with latest iOS. It seems Spotify doesn’t have any solution. Perhaps I need to give up on Spotify?

I’m also having the same issue!!! Don’t know why. I’ve always had a paid account, the only difference now is that I’m in a family plan for my husband and myself. Don’t know what to do. And they have none customer service.

I don’t know if your issue is different, but that error often shows up when I don’t have great connection, and it normally starts working once I connect to better WiFi. 

Hey!

My opinion on that issue:

1. If you have slow internet connection, that can be a problem for this.
  2. Try to clear cache. Here’s how (iOS): Press and hold the power button until the power off menu comes up. After that, press and hold the home button until it’s gone. This clears your cache for all (open) apps, sometimes this is a solution for me (not just for Spotify, but for all other apps).

I hope this helps!

Suggested posts