Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Song not downloaded" on iPhone 5s

Solved!

"Song not downloaded" on iPhone 5s

I've read through a bunch of google hits on this issue, and nothing has worked thus far.

I have an mp3 on my desktop that I want to upload to spotify (its a 13 minute mix someone created for me). I can listen to it in spotify from my PC, but when I toggle to my iPhone, I get the message on the phone that "Song not downloaded". It shows up on my playlist on the iphone but greyed out. Both devices are on the same WiFi as I can toggle between the 2 when I play the songs (except for that particular mix).Its also happening on a mp3 of a long version of a song I copied from a commercial CD I purchased a while ago. I do have McAfee on my desktop, but I turned off the firewall, toggled "available offline" and saw the other songs downloading. Not sure what else to do. 

Along those lines, I have a 2-Pac song thats uncensored (in my local files on the PC), but that one gets uploaded with the censored version.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Have you followed this guide here? It's also important that there is enough space left on the iPhone.

If that doesn't help, I'd recommend doing a full reinstallation.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Have you followed this guide here? It's also important that there is enough space left on the iPhone.

If that doesn't help, I'd recommend doing a full reinstallation.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Thanks.

I had re-installed on iphone, but I re-installed again on both PC and iPhone and that did the trick.

Suggested posts