Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Unable to Play Track" - I'm getting fed up.

Solved!

"Unable to Play Track" - I'm getting fed up.

I'm becoming more and more frustrated with this annoying message.

I've been using Spotify for months, and for me it is the perfect solution for my music. I have a Premium subscription.

However, it's getting beyond annoying that I get songs in my playlist and now I just magically cannot play them. "Unable to play track" has been going on for long enough. One song will work on my computer, but will be "unable to play track" on my iPhone 5 (iOS 8). Or it'll work on my phone, but not computer. Attached is the error message on my computer, it's basically the same on my phone except a popup.

Songs are from two methods: Spotify's own library (why you guys have it, then give me this message is beyond me), or downloading the track/owning it on my computer and syncing it to Spotify.

I really would like the answer to this annoying problem.

Also, my versions since this seems to be a requirement:

Computer: Spotify 0.9.4.185.g7545a404

iPhone 5: Spotify 0.8.0.57

Spotifyerror.png
22 Replies

I know I'm bumping a really old thread, but I'm doing it because I'm having the problem described right now. Kind of sad that this problem has been around for so long without a fix.

Earlier today i got the "Unable to play track" error repeatedly when trying to play a track in my Starred playlist on my iPhone. Tried restarting the Spotify app. Did not help. Tried playing the same track on my PC, where it worked fine. Tried toggling the offline mode switch for the playlist to off in the phone. That fixed it, I could now play the track. Since I really want this playlist to be offline, I toggled that back on. Problem solved, I thought and resumed my music listening. Only to find that now the track after the one previously affected now has caught this glitch.

iPhone 6. iOS 8.1.2. Spotify app version 2.4.0.1822.

The error message I got was actually in Swedish ("Spåret kan inte spelas") because of my language settings. But that translates to "Unable to play track", so I think this thread is the correct one.

Having thought about it, I realize that the root cause of the error probably is not the same today as it was in 2013 when this thread was started. 

A solution to the current problem would still be nice, though. 

hi I have the same problem for both my computer and phone. They both say track unavailable for my entire human EPalbum by aquilo. I even uninstalled spotify and redownloaded it and it still isnt working.

Suggested posts