Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Undoing" High Quality Offline Sync

Solved!

"Undoing" High Quality Offline Sync

So like a complete goober, I thought I'd have enough space on my 4s to sync my offline songs at the extreme quality (I have about 600 songs). I was wrong and it ran out of space. So when I went back to change the sync quality to a lower setting, high or regular, the memory used up from the completed extreme quality streaming was not freed up. How do I fix this? I've heard of people having to delete and re-download the app to fix this, which would be a bummer but can be done. Otherwise, since I can't delete songs off of my phone, that data has fallen into a black hole. Oh well, let me know if I can fix this. Thanks in advance!

Jack

sdfgn.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes, your best bet is to delete and reinstall the Spotify app. You can confirm that the space has been cleared by going to Settings -> General -> About, and seeing if you now have Available space. You can then sync your offline playlists at Normal quality.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Yes, your best bet is to delete and reinstall the Spotify app. You can confirm that the space has been cleared by going to Settings -> General -> About, and seeing if you now have Available space. You can then sync your offline playlists at Normal quality.

Yea, so it seems that a lot of iPhone 4 and 4s users don't seem to get their memory back upon unsyncing a playlist, whereas iPhone 5s users don't really have this issue. I believe Spotify is working on this at the moment. For now, @gprocess is probably right and reinstalling the app is your best bet, as that unsyncs everything.

Alright, that's not the worst thing. Thanks

Yeah having to delete the app and reload it is a lot to erase memory. Then again that's what I get for not upgrading my phone

@jribs3 wrote:

Yeah having to delete the app and reload it is a lot to erase memory. Then again that's what I get for not upgrading my phone

You can also add your kudos and comments to this idea, which suggests adding a 'Clear Cache' button to iOS for cases like these.

Suggested posts