Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Waiting to download" issues

"Waiting to download" issues

I noticed about two weeks ago that my Spotify app was seemingly picking and choosing which songs it actually wanted to download when I marked them as Available Offline.  I cannot seem to spot any rhyme or reason as to why this is happening.

- I have an iPhone 5s with all iOS and app updates current.

- I have Spotify Premium.

- I have over ten gigs of available space for music

- I have tried to download over both my home and work wifi networks which I have never had any issue with before.

- I have hard restarted my phone.

I am trying to avoid deleting the app and reinstalling because I have a lot of music waiting for download and I don't want to go through that hassle again.  The part that has me baffled is that on some albums that I've made the entire album available offline, only parts of them are.

spotify.PNG

And while I have all of these songs waiting for download, I added Selena Gomez's album to the wait list, but it's now downloaded and none of the rest are.

I haven't the slightest clue what is going on, but it's driving me insane.  Any help would be appreciated!

4 Replies

Same issue here with iPhone 6 Plus. Any help appreciated

@Tunarizer wrote:
Same issue here with iPhone 6 Plus. Any help appreciated

I broke down and deleted the app and reinstalled it.  Once it was reinstalled I had to go back through all my saved music and playlists to make them available offline again, but this time everything downloaded properly.  If you haven't tried this yet, as much of a hassle as it is, I suggest it!

Thanks that worked for me - I just bought an iPhone 6s and had same problem with Spotify not connecting - frustrating! Since deleting the app it's faster. Good to hear from music lovers!

Tried it twice now and still won't download all the albums and playlists grrrr. Deleted app reinstalled and set each album and playlist to be available offline. Tried power cycle on phone but still won't download all my music. Have plenty of space left on iPhone. Am I doing anything wrong.

Suggested posts