Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"similar artists" please

"similar artists" please

i would love to get at least a simple "similar artists" list in my spotify iphone-app as it appears in the desktop version. this would help browsing for music even further.

also under "news" there should be further separation after music style or genre. i don't care about the latest pop or dance news, but would like to see all new albums regarding jazz, funk, soul, house or whatever.

is this wish a realistic feature for a future update?

thanks and best regards, o.

3 Replies

I would also really like to see these above additions implemented into spotify mobile. I only quite recently signed up for spotify premium and I was quite surprised by the absence of a similar artists section as I use this feature quite regularly on my laptop to browse the music. Hopefully it can be implemented in the near future!

Yeah, I don't get how this is not already a feature. I signed up over the weekend based on a coworkers recommendation, who highlighted the related artists function as a way to find out about new music. I didn't get a chance to try it out much over the weekend so I paid for premium, to continue. I already have CDs by the bands I enjoy so while its nice to be able to find most music available on this app i dont need it - i can just listen music I already own. The main feature I wanted was the ability to browse similar artists to find NEW music. I've mostly been listening to the radio function which is kinda nice, and kind of finally learning and not playing songs I hate so often (even after giving them a thumbs down multiple times!).  I don't quite feel ripped off but it is a disappointment when the mobile apps for sites (especially for a service I PAY FOR!) aren't comparable to the desktop version.  

Spotify developers - please add related artists functionality into the mobile app!  Or offer a reduced subscription fee to those whole only access the service via the mobile app (I don't use the service on my laptop).  

Can this be added when you put the equaliser back on? Thank you! With the addition of these two things, it will be pretty much faultless IMO.

Suggested posts