Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

show album covers on car screen

show album covers on car screen

hi,

since the last three releases of spotify i can not see the covers and song information on my car screen - only "spotify" is shown.

previously i could see album covers, song name and song length - i really miss that !

car: volvo xc60 2016

spotify running on iphone

if i start the first song on the playlist everything is seen on the car screen; next song only "spotify". any solutions for this problem ?? THX

14 Replies

Wow, so i'm not alone.

Similar issues on my BMW.

Same here on our Toyota

Same problem! Very annoying: I can't see which number is playing and how long it takes to finish. Indeed since the last 3 updates.

Spotify on iOS (10.3), version 8.1.0.623.

I connect my iPhone via USB to my car.

Same problem for me. I Have a Volvo V40CC.

I really hope this will be fixed soon !

Dear Spotify, can you pls fix this problem that has been around for 6 months !!!

Or is the solution to choose Tidal?

Glad I'm not alone this same thing is happening to me on my 2015 Chevy Equinox. It only shows a question mark, nothing at all or the artwork lags by a Song. Spotify please please fix I miss this feature in my car

As far as I know there is no fix but maybe Spotify will help in the future

Dear Spotify,

It must have been around 10-20 updates since this problem occurred in the beginning of the year.....no fix yet...

Is anyone looking into this very annoying problem ?

Spotify: solve this problem!!! Annoying issue, it really makes me think of trying Apple Music. Two hours a day in my car, without seeing what's playing... 

Dear Spotify .....

Now it is almost one year with this problem.

Can you pls get into some action to solve it ?!?!

I have almost stopped using Spotify in my car due to this.

I can recommend Radio Paradise instead.

Use the cache feature and you will get the music in flawless Flac and no problems at all with the covers.....

To all in this threat,

Again I tried to convince Spotify (on twitter) that my car is NOT the problem for this issue. They keep saying I have to update the software on my Volvo, but that doesn't solve it. And most of you have another brand, so...

Maybe you all could comment on my tweet to let Spotify see that we're still waiting for a solution!

https://twitter.com/eric_broers/status/969614370627080193

So, it seems this problem hasn't been solved so far, right?

I have an Toyota Prius and Iphone 8 Plus... No Music Tracks Information Shown at Car Display ...

Same issue on my 2018 VW Polo with Discover Media. Album art is (sometimes) being shown, but most of the time the track infos are glitching. (Listening to Track 1, Trackinfo for Track 2 and Album art for Track 3 is being shown)

Suggested posts