Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Iphone 11

Operating System

iOS 14.0.1

My Question or Issue

I just recently updated to ios14 and I noticed that the “songs based on” feature is gone. When I like a song and search it on spotify, I will play it. And usually, Spotify will play a similar type of song next to that (which says “songs based on ___”. I like that feature but after the update, the searched song will just play on loop instead of playing songs similar to that genre. 

2 Replies

I had this issue, before iOS 14, but it is working for me now. Have you updated the Spotify app since the iOS14 update? They have released a couple since then, the most recent is 8.5.80 (released three days ago).

I just tested this in the current version by searching a song, playing it and then skipping to the end so the next could play. Another song played (basically from the same album, pretty different in sound so not a great match tbh), at the top of the screen it says 'Song radio based on [song name]' When you tap this, it takes you to a radio station based on the song.

Hey @GladysJC,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

If you're still experiencing this issue, could you preform a clean reinstall using the steps in this guide? Next to removing any damaged files that might be causing this behavior, it has the added benefit of ensuring that the app is up to date with the latest version, as @sicahjes suggested.

If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know if it makes a difference whether or not the repeat function is activated when the song you searched for ends? You can learn how to manage this playback setting in this support article. It would also help us get a clearer picture if you test if you can manually start a radio based on a song without any issues.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts