Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify app very slow on IOS 9

spotify app very slow on IOS 9

For a while now, my spotify app keeps being very slow. On startup, it takes several minutes to go to the homescreen, sometimes it crashes. After that, it reacts very slow. After 5 or 10 minutes the slowness stops and i can listen to music, but most of the time i give up trying in the first 5 minutes because of frustration.

What steps you’ve tried already: reinstalling the app with turning off the iphone in between steps, reconnecting to differenct internet network, letting someone else login, changing settings.

Your device and operating system (e.g. iPhone 5, iOS 8): Iphone 5, IOS 9

Type of Spotify account you have (Free or Premium): Premium

The app version of Spotify you’re using: 5.7.0.1055

I'm hoping someone can help me fix this issue...

8 Replies

Anyone??

I have this exact problem and have had it for months. I have read about people having this issue but never seen a solution to it. Help?

At the moment, spotify is useless on the iphone. I have an awesome library and I can listen to it without any problem on my computer but I barely can get to it on my phone, and when I actually get the app to launch and not crash when start a song, It reacts so slow that browsing music is not practically possible. The only way I can use my phone is to play a playlist from start to end, and not to touch my phone while it is playing.

I'm having this issue too and it's very frustrating. It makes the app almost unusable on my phone. 

The problem is solved for me, eventually i contacted the helpdesk and they helped me. The problem seemed to be connected to my account, so i had to make a new account and they transferred my playlists to it. The cause of the problem was not found...

Update: My app is running fine now. What I did was to delete my biggest playlist (I shared them with my husband so that he could share them back to me later). I also deleted all saved tracks from the library. Then it worked fine, and I started to import my lists again and now it works flawlessly. However, I believe that it might got something to do with playlist for local files. I haven't recreated any of those playlists. Those are playlist for local files I have on the computer but not on my phone. Perhaps this is the issue?

Do you guys have such playlists? if so, does it work better if you remove them from the phone?

Do you mean delete the playlist entirely or just make it so it doesn't save to your phone for offline listening?

I mean deleting entire playlists. Not just removing offline files. But in the process I also got rid of all local files (songs that are not on spotify, but on my computer) and any playlist containing local files, and I think that might have fixed the problem.

Suggested posts