Solved!

spotify can’t open this type of link on this device

-pe2_i7oxt87

Plan

Free

Device

iphone 6s

My Question or Issue

i try and play my own playlist and it keeps saying ‘spotify can’t open this type of link on this device’ help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hey all, it's been some time since anyone commented here but as the page is getting views from users, we want to confirm if anyone else is having this issue?

If so please try a clean reinstall first to be sure you're on the latest Spotify iOS app. 

If you continue to get this message please post below with these details:

• Your device
  • Device's operating system
  • Spotify app version

Thank you!

View solution in original post

195 Replies

l4qmgu-_mhs8j
Casual Listener

I’ve just checked in again, and it had a pop up ad saying something about a bug fix. And it works again! I’m not too sure what happened, but hopefully it’s been fixed for everyone who had that problem.

Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hey all, it's been some time since anyone commented here but as the page is getting views from users, we want to confirm if anyone else is having this issue?

If so please try a clean reinstall first to be sure you're on the latest Spotify iOS app. 

If you continue to get this message please post below with these details:

• Your device
  • Device's operating system
  • Spotify app version

Thank you!

View solution in original post

kaitlynbiondoli

I updated my phone and it solved the issue

Einav-us
Casual Listener

Thank you, Spotify! You guys are great! Quickest fix. Now my night is back to normal!:)

r-gjivcs_lf7q

I am having the same problem as well, I have updated my phone, restarted it, redownloaded the app, and logged in and out multiple times.

lv6_u-xihxfk

This happens to me to, I just waited an hour and it was fine

3-k_xkjqgfl06
Casual Listener

This is crazy, I have an IPhone 6S, I don’t have premium, and I have the IOS 11.3. About 40 mins ago this problem occurred where I can’t open my playlists that I have crates nor any of the ones Spotify generates . Although when this problem happned I was currently listening to 1 of my playlists, and all of the songs load and play, as usual, which is pretty weird if you ask me, since I’m also unable to shuffle that playlist. 

7tdxao2z_-57v
Casual Listener

Just reopened and it is now fixed. Thanks Spotify! 

u2_e7a9g-bzpa
Casual Listener

I Had the exact same but I just waited a while and it worked again, not sure if it’s fixed or not but It may work for others!

lilianag03
Regular

Yes!! Finally fixed! Thank you Spotify! You just made my night 10x better! ☺️☺️

u2_e7a9g-bzpa
Casual Listener

Same doesn’t anyone have a way of fixing it?????? 

7tdxao2z_-57v
Casual Listener

Me too. iPhone 7 Plus 11.3.1 version 

dc-i32tjmm_rq
Casual Listener

Spotify fix this 

_owq2l-uzq49d

I was literally on Spotify last night and everything was working fine but this morning I was getting ready to drive and every time I would click on to any playlist I would have this banner saying “Couldn’t Open Link” and then underneath it said “Spotify can’t open this type of link on this device” but I have an iPhone X so I’m like maybe it’s the app so I deleted it and redownloaded it and I’m still having this problem. I don’t know if it’s because I have a free subscription and they’re trying to force me to get premium or what but I am not happy.

_-y0cjfsau7x
Casual Listener

I am having the same problem and it is pissing me off.

dc-i32tjmm_rq
Casual Listener

I can’t listen to my own songs (iPhone 6)

s-oh_oehbgfql

the same problem here, is it their fault or what i have an iphone 6s

50k4_qz-5hbor

I’m having the same issue on my Iphone 6s, maybe the app is malfunctioning 

_-y0cjfsau7x
Casual Listener

I’m am having the same issue and it is pissing me off. 

_25ca35g-5rfu

I am having this problem too, it seems to be only iPhones that it’s happening to 

SUGGESTED POSTS