Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify extremely dysfunctional on iphone 4

spotify extremely dysfunctional on iphone 4

i have an iphone 4, which i'm aware is basically vintage at this stage, and spotify barely works on it. it takes 5 minutes every time to load and almost every time it crashes after the first song and it's really frustrating and i'm slowly losing my will to live.

i'm 98.09999% sure it's because it's 2010 retro and apple have stopped updating the ol' iphone 4 with the latest ios updates; and spotify updates to match those, SO i was wondering if anyone might have any suggestions how to download an earlier version of spotify?

pls help i can't be bothered downloading all of my 145 playlsts on to itunes..................

1 Reply

Hey there @ursulala!

Here's a post from the Spotify Community Moderator Team - Give that a shot and let me know if it works.

If you're using an older Apple device and can't, or just don't want to upgrade to the latest operating system, but you really love Spotify, then you have options.

Not too long ago Apple enabled everyone with an older device, running iOS 4.2 or later, to still get those apps they love; that includes you!

• If you previously installed Spotify on one of your iDevices, you'll find it in your device's App Store under the Purchased tab.
  • If you didn't previously install, or you're using a new Apple account, just go to the App Store in iTunes and download Spotify. It doesn't matter what version that is; you just need to have Spotify as a "Purchased" app on your Apple account.

Now you can go back to the Purchased tab on your device, and you should find Spotify there. Hit that Install button and you should be offered the option to download a previous version.

Both options should work for everyone, but we've had reports of folks in some countries not being offered the previous version. If this happens to you, you can try making a US Apple account and following the same steps, above.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts