Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify keeps skipping on iphone 6

spotify keeps skipping on iphone 6

Spotify is constantly skipping on my iphone, it plays about 2 seconds of a song then skips to the next song in a playlist. If I try to pause the song it just skips on to the next one and resumes playing for 2 seconds, then on to the next song.

I pay for premium but this service is absolute **bleep**. Can anyone help?

I don't use spotify on any desktops so don't think that will fix the issue

11 Replies

Hey @reesey11!

Welcome to the Spotify community.

Just to check,  can you let us know if this started happening after a specific update or event? Also, can you let us know what device/operating system and Spotify version you're currently using?

In the meantime, try logging out and back in to see if this issue persists.

Keep us posted.
Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

This same thing is happening to me now after I updated my phone to IOS 11.0.3. Someone please help

Same thing here, just started doing it tonight! Have updated to latest version of iOS but it’s been fine since that (last week) until today. It gets to about 57 secs and then skips to the next track.

Have logged out and back in, deleted and reinstalled app. No joy.

Please help, it’s driding me mad! 

Had a similar problem, skipped specific songs 2 seconds in to them. If you’re still having this problem, I fixed it just then by deleting the App and reinstalling it. If it doesn’t work for you I’m sorry.

Same here. For about a week I can listen to a few songs, and then it will skip tracks. And it will play tracks I’ve never listened to, from random playlists and random artists. Highly annoying. If it’s a bug with the app, then where is the “report bug” option?

Hello, 

I'm having the same problem. I play Spotify in my car and the songs skip like if it were a bad CD. I have logged in and out of Spotify but that doesn't work. I have a Sonos speaker system where the songs skip when I use Spotify to play music as well. This has been going on for four months now. I pay for premium service and should not encounter these issues if I'm streaming high quality music . Spotify please look into this. Many people seem to have these issues on this board ! 

Spotify service : Premium 

Phone: iPhone 6s Plus 

Lenii 

I am now having this issue, randomly changing songs from a random playlist, please help

I updated my Spotify app and my sonos app. I still have this problem as well. Someone please help ! 

Lenii

Hi 

I have the same issue - Spotify randomly skipping and pausing tracks. I’ve tried two different sets of headphones, one of which was brand new and same issue. This only states happening about 2 weeks ago so I feel like it’s an update issue? 

I am still waiting on a response from Spotify. They know this is going on. I've had this problem for months now. I end up having to restart the app. Sometimes that doesn't work and I just give up and use Pandora and then go back to Spotify app like an hour later.

Does yours skip without headphones? My issue seems to only be when I have headphones plugged in which have a microphone - it’s fine if im just playing it normally out of my phone or via Bluetooth or if I have old headphones with no microphone. It’s weird cos it was totally fine until like 2 weeks ago which makes me think it must be a software thing right??

Suggested posts