Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify no longer scrobbles to last fm tracks listened to in offline mode

spotify no longer scrobbles to last fm tracks listened to in offline mode

I have noticed that when I use spotify in offline mode on my iphone - for example, when listening in the car, it no longer scrobbles the tracks listened too offline when a wifi connection is re-established. It always used to do this on my old android phone.

Last fm advise me that this is because the latest version of the spotify mobile apps no longer include a cache of details of tracks listened to offline,. They have advised me to raise this issue on the spotify community forum.

For me this is a serous issue. About 50% of my spotify  listening is offline in the car, and if these tracks don't scrobble it makes my Last fm information extremely incomplete, and to a larege extent this makes scrobbling pretty pointless.

I'd like to know if Spotify have any plans to resolve this.

1 Reply

This hasn't worked in the mobile apps for some time (if at all - can't remember that far back!). There is a suggestion of implementing the feature over on the ideas exchange here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Scrobble-tracks-played-offline-to-Spotify-history-and-...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts