Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify pausing when recording stories

spotify pausing when recording stories

When I had an iPhone 8 plus I used to let spotify songs playing in second plan and when I recorded stories on instagram they kep playing. Now I bought an iPhone XS Max and when I start recording a story on instagram, spotify pauses, so I cant record a story with songs on background. Anyone knows the solution? Maybe they are working on an update or something. Im running on iOs 12.1.

3 Replies

Unfortunately, this isn't a result of Spotify's behavior. It has to do with the way media commands are sent across ios. Spotify plays on the ios audio engine, and when another app calls the "pause" function, the audio engine ceases playback (spotify included) and resuming once video recording has stopped and the "resume" function is called. Some apps do not call the pause function when recording video, allowing you to continue to listen to music while recording. This is likely the way that Instagram was behaving before, allowing you to record while playing audio. 

@landonharris88 wrote:

Unfortunately, this isn't a result of Spotify's behavior. It has to do with the way media commands are sent across ios. Spotify plays on the ios audio engine, and when another app calls the "pause" function, the audio engine ceases playback (spotify included) and resuming once video recording has stopped and the "resume" function is called. Some apps do not call the pause function when recording video, allowing you to continue to listen to music while recording. This is likely the way that Instagram was behaving before, allowing you to record while playing audio. 

So there isnt a fix for this issue?

@Alexbruh not through Spotify, no. 😕

There may be a work around on the instagram side, but I'm no expert with Instagram. It would have to prevent the app from calling pause to the ios to keep spotify playing. 

Suggested posts