Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify stops after a minute or so only while playing airplay

spotify stops after a minute or so only while playing airplay

Hi,

spotify stops playing while playiny on airplay, when it plays normal (not airplay) it works perfect, and it plays all my songs

I tried both my iphone 5, ipad 2 and ipod touch 4

my receiver is a pioneer vsx- 2021  

It worked before but since I've got my iphone 5, die airplay stops 

I tried reinstalling the apps on my devices, reset the receiver en router, streaming quality is regular 96 kbit/s

Please help

thanks

1 Reply

Airplay from my iPhone worked well for seveal months, it stopped working a few months back.

I can't play music from my iPhone via Airplay to my Zeppelin Air anymore. I used to love sending music to the speakers before I opened the front door when I came home from work.

The icon is on the Spotify app, I can select my speakers, but then it just stops, sometimes the app shows that it is playing, but there is no music coming out. I need the music!

I thought I was doing it wrong, but it did work; and it should work again, I suspect there is a bug somewhere in the system; that is the annoying thiing. There is the iOS update, and I've patched my Zeppelin Air to the latest firmware. Airport Extreme for WiFi, and I'm using an iPhone 4, and an iPad 3 neither of which can make my speakers work.

How exhaustive are system tests on these things? There are a lot of permutations. There are three parties, Spotify, Bowers&Wilkins, and Apple.To be honest if Spotify are following the Airplay protocol, an imported library I imagine, then that is that, and the fault would lie between Apple, and B&W. Apple should be responsible for holistically fixing this since they certify companies for Airplay, but a faulty system makes everyone look (sound) bad.

This makes me sad, because the Zepplin Air is an amazing speaker system and the inconvenience means I use it less and less, I have to resort to playing music I've ripped on my computer through iTunes, which leaves me wondering why I'm paying for Spotify. I chose the premium plan especially to Airplay my music.

thanks

Suggested posts