Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify will sync some songs and then get stuck

Solved!

spotify will sync some songs and then get stuck

So i just got spotift premium and i'm trying to make my starred playlist available offline. It will work fine for a while but then it will stop and just get stuck on a song and it doesn't matter what song it is as i've tried unstarring a few and it still gets stuck. 

i've restarted the app, re downloaded it but nothing seems to help. I really like spotify but this is annoying as i'd like to listen to the playlist on holiday.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Do you guys both have plenty of space available on your devices? Lack of space is one of the most common reasons a sync would randomly stop midway through a playlist.

The other reason would be hitting the 3,333 track limit per device so it's worth checking that too.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Having same issue. Been back and forth with spotify tech via e-mail and still no fix. Spotify really starting to show it's true colors and i'm at my last straw with them, really considering cancelling account and just going back to purchasing and keepin my own music. Coming to the realization that you can't even save playlists and i may lose all my music with a simple error on the side of spotify does not confort me either.

Marked as solution

Do you guys both have plenty of space available on your devices? Lack of space is one of the most common reasons a sync would randomly stop midway through a playlist.

The other reason would be hitting the 3,333 track limit per device so it's worth checking that too.

I hate people that give useless comments as you did! And the fact that i've been going back and forth with tech support via e-mail i guess tells you that i've hit 3,333 or don't have enough space on my iphone (sarcasm intended). Don't post nonsense please, i'm so frustrated with spotify right now...gonna go check out other services and see if i can drop you guys.

It's a problem with spotify, not my iphone, not enough space, and not that we hit 3,333 songs. If i restart spotify it will sometimes sync 1 more song and then freeze again and sometimes it just won't do anything but freeze.

With tech support they told me they fixed something on there end, reinstall spotify and it should work, did that, hit 1 playlist offline and it synced all songs, hit another playlist and it got stuck midway through! Emailed support again, still waiting on reply.

I took a look at your case in our system and my colleague hadn't mentioned the 3,333 track limit or checking storage space, so I wanted to suggest it just in case it could help someone.

The support guys are the best to help with this though. Bear with them.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your quick reply, I've deleted some stuff off my iphone and it seems to be working better, i didn't realise the iphone stored the songs.

Thanks for your help,

Robert

I am having the same problem, mine on Android, and it only happened for the first time last night. I set it to download a playlist of 77 songs and it got stuck on one song.

I cleared my entire cache to see if that would help but no, when I started syncing it regularly started getting stuck on songs (almost at random).

I have managed to find a workaround but you have to be there with the device which is going to be very annoying if I want to sync my new weekly playlist, which is often 70+ songs.

The workaround is to duplicate the playlist, and download the duplicate. Then if it gets stuck on a song, delete that song from the duplicate list. When it has finished, go back to the original playlist to download.

Strangely it will appear that ALL the songs are then, even the stuck ones. My guess is that the song was downloaded all along but some "completion" flag was never received so the client app though it didn't have it yet.

It appears to me that there is a lot of fobbing off going on here, which needs to stop rght away.

Many people, including me, have had a similar problem with Android devices, in that downloads freeze and stay frozen.  It may be possible to download stuff by what are essentially voodoo solutions,  I have found that repeatedly stopping the application and clearing the cache has some effect in that this seems to allow a small extra download,

Like most people I have plenty of room on my device, which is a brand new Nexus 5 running Android KitKat, and I have not downloaded 3333 songs, or even a fifth of that number (work that out if you like).

I would strongly suggest that a solution is found to this immediately.

Suggested posts