Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify wont play music on my iphone

Solved!

spotify wont play music on my iphone

When ever i try to shuffle play on my iphone the song is selected but no music plays, no error messages or anything happens, just simply nothing happens. This happens when I am conncected and online.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Got it solved through Spotify's customer support, I think it's required you do a soft reset after reinstalling.

I made a video of the bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Eimv0Mfaqg&feature=youtu.be 

Note: Any offline playlists will need to be re-synced once reinstalled.

IPHONE/IPAD

1. On the home screen, tap and hold the Spotify icon until it shakes.
  2. Tap the symbol on the icon.
  3. Perform a soft reset by holding the power button with the home button until you see the Apple logo (this will clear any traces of Spotify)
  4. Open the App Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app.
  5. Login again with the Username 'caiocsabino'

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @chineseballer06

Have you tried reinstalling the Spotify app?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah I have tried that several times now.  It works perfectly fine on my Mac but not at all on my iphone.

I have got the same issue. My account works fine on desktop and it just doesn't work on my iPhone. I used to upgrade to Premium and I cancelled the subscription. Since then, my iPhone can no longer play any songs. Pls can anyone help.

@joveng @chineseballer06

Are you on the free plan, or the premium plan? Knowing that information will help troubleshoot this.

If you are on the free plan, it works differently in the iPhone app than it does on the desktop app.

To play music, you have to tap on the green "shuffle play" button at the top.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I used to on premium plan and now changed to free plan. All songs on my iPhone are dim and cannot play with the green Shuffle button.

I got a very similar problem. I started with my premium account 5 years ago, two days ago my playlists disappeared on my iPhone 5s device, if I try to play some songs some of them will start playing and go "mute" at around 1'30" (nothing gets played, but the playback head keeps moving) and some songs won't even start playing. Desktop app works without any issue.

I have signed out, signed in again, deleted the application. Nothing seems to help, got the exact same problems again.

Please help

I am quite sure it is the problem of my Spotify account on mobile devices. It used to work perfectly on Premium account and now can’t play any song when I stopped paying for Spotify Premium account. I login from my iPhone and Android phones. Both do not work but yet desktop version does play like before.

Can Spotify look into this problem?
Marked as solution

Got it solved through Spotify's customer support, I think it's required you do a soft reset after reinstalling.

I made a video of the bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Eimv0Mfaqg&feature=youtu.be 

Note: Any offline playlists will need to be re-synced once reinstalled.

IPHONE/IPAD

1. On the home screen, tap and hold the Spotify icon until it shakes.
  2. Tap the symbol on the icon.
  3. Perform a soft reset by holding the power button with the home button until you see the Apple logo (this will clear any traces of Spotify)
  4. Open the App Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app.
  5. Login again with the Username 'caiocsabino'

Lucky you. It does not work on my iPhone after the soft reset.

I have got exactly the same problem joveng, have tried uninstalling but nothing seems to help. I've got a premium account as well, but everytime I try to play a song the play-button changes in the II-button, but the dot on the timeline doesn't move at all and nothing else happens. Every now and then a song does start to play, but then around 1:30 it stops again. Anyone else got ideas?

Hey @merelh, are you trying to play over mobile data or wifi? Are other sites loading in Safari when this is happening?

Suggested posts