Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

swipe left to delete song in playlist

swipe left to delete song in playlist

Hello all,

I'm curious as to why swipe to delete an individual song (swipe left and a delete button appears) was a feature a while ago and then removed (for personal playlists)? It would be super to have that simple and incredibly useful feature back.

I guess if folks want this feature they should vote for it at this 2 year old idea post (seriously...2 years?) so that it gains enough attention.

100 kudos I believe. 

Please vote for that. 

5 Replies

This feature was removed I'm guessing because too many people accidentally deleted songs.

I know it happened to me a few times. We'll find out the reason why soon enough.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I don't understand how you could accidentally delete a song with that feature. It would take two steps.

1 - swipe left and a delete button appears

2 - tap the delete button

Was it really that easy to do that accidentally?

Hey @scottydo,

Have a look at the following suggestion of our Ideas Exchange. You might be interested in this, as its fighting for your wanted feature: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Ability-to-Swipe-to-Delete-Individual-Tracks-iOS/idi-p... Please leave you kudos/comments there to support the idea! 🙂

Thanks carina. My original post had actually linked to that same forum post.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

Ohh sorry, shame on me!

When I clicked on the newest post page, it just showed me your second reply and the title so I thought you didn't know about the idea 🙂

The idea-thread was opened 2 years ago, but in the meantime the feature was implemented. Then removed again, probably due to the reason MattSuda has mentioned.

Suggested posts