Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unable to search for users

unable to search for users

(I posted a topic about this 3 weeks ago and never got an answer so Im posting again)
For the past several weeks, I have been unable to search for users on my iphone. For example, lets say I know my friends username is johnsmith. I type that into the search bar, but nothing pops up under profiles even though Im positive this is the username. I can see artists, songs, etc., but no users. Ive tried several different names of friends and users I know but cant get them to show up.
This is the case on all devices. I tried spotify on my laptop (a chromebook, so its the web version) and had the same problem. When I go to search a user, they don't show up. In fact, the search bar says "search for an artist, song, album, or playlist." What about users??
I was able to find a friends playlist and access their account that way, but I could only remember a few of the names so its not easy to do this.
My friend tried and couldnt find my username either.
I am using an iphone 6 and I have spotify premium with the latest version and the lastest ios.
Thanks
6 Replies

Hey paytonmorr,

This is certainly a frustrating issue, I'm not too sure why that could be happening but I will pass it on to the right people and see if we can fix it, because we all want people to see how awesome your profiles are and we want you to find your friends and vice versa!

I'll let you know if we find anything as soon as I find out!

If you need anything else just let me know!

Best,

Jordan

Hey paytonmorr,

The team is looking into the issue now, a work around you can try is to search "spotify.user.[username]" (replace [username] with your friends username) and you will be able to find them!

Hope this helps!

Best,
Jordan

Thank you for your response. I tried the spotify.user trick and it didnt work on mobile.

Hey, I've been experiencing the same issues for a few weeks. I haven't been able to get results for searching any users, and it wont populate a list of any users. I was able to search for playlist titles, but now it wont even give me results for that. I also tried the spotify:user trick and nothing happened. I'm paying for a premium subscription and I'm thinking about cancelling and switching to apple music. 

Hey @paytonmorr and @cleansheeets,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about this.

This is something we're currently aware of, and we're looking into with the tech teams. Be sure to keep updating your devices' software, and the Spotify app, each time an update becomes available.

Thanks!

Updated today to : 1.0.60.492.gbb40dab8 and problem still exists. I am however to pull my user id number by copying the share profile link. spotify:user:1221192595. I do notice that some users will return correctly (spotify:user:joshua). 

Suggested posts