Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unlinking my student premium account

unlinking my student premium account

Student Premium

United States

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 15.2.1

I was having issues with autoplay (when streaming a song it would play through and not autoplay, I tried a clean reinstall on all devices) on my current account and opting into making a new account to test if autoplay would work on the new one. Which luckily it did. Unfortunately I use the student premium and now I can not link my account to my school since my old account is already linked. Also I now would have to purchase a new premium plan for this month even though I just paid for one on January 6th, but that's another story. I just was wondering if it is possible to unlink my school verification from my old account and link it to my new account. 

2 Replies

Hey @collinr_1011, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

One thing that you could do is cancel your current student plan here on the old account. Once your account reverts to the Free version, you can upgrade to Premium Student on the new account. 

If you need further help with this, you can get in touch with Customer Support. They can also take a closer look and do their best to help. 

I'll be here if you need anything else! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It's not that bad. As described already they create a new account for you and transfer over your playlists etc. I had an issue with someone else accessing my account so just say that's happening and they will do it for you. I got on to them on the chat and they did it really fast.

TellTims Survey

Suggested posts