Plan

Premium (family)

Country

Belgium

Device

(iPhone 7)

Operating System

My Question or Issue

There's a strange issue with spotify here. Each and every song only plays for about 30 seconds after which the next song automatically starts playing. Next to that a whole lot of playlists are added that were not added by me. 

I've tried removing and installing the app again. After this it worked for about ten minutes after which a pop-up appeared saying 'web player (chrome) found - play on current device'. And then the problem was back. Setting the song to repeat itself doesn't help, scrolling further into the song doesn't help. 

I've logged out (it's a family premium account) and logged in as another family member. It works fine there, all songs play until the end. But when I click on 'devices', under that account the 'web player (chrome)' is not in the list, only another iMac (which doesn't show up in my own account). I guess it has something to do with the 'web player (chrome)'. 

When logging out again and logging in into my own account, the problem reappears after some five to ten minutes with the pop-up 'web player (chrome') after which only 30 seconds play and a whole lot of ridiculously annoying suggested songs are automatically added (annoying in that they bear no resemblance whatsoever to the music I normally listen to). When going to devices again, there's no iMac to be found, only that 'web player (chrome)'. When selecting that device, the iphone is quiet, but nothing here in the house starts playing, thus I have no idea what it might be. I guess this would be an account issue, as it is possible to play perfectly from my device.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I had just come across a topic with the same issue more or less. It appears the solution is to log in with a web browser (on an iMac here), select 'log out from all devices' and then, finally, when logging into the spotify app on iphone, that 'web player (chrome)' device seems to be gone after all. Now every song plays as expected till the end of the song and no ridiculous songs are added.

I would guess that once upon a time I've logged into spotify with a browser and didn't log out. Perhaps someone else added a few playlists unaware of the fact that it was my account and that would explain the strange suggestions.

But, 
1. It's ridiculous one has to log in with a web browser to be able to log out on every device, that should also be available on the app as an option (or is it already and didn't I see it?).
2. Even when not logged out of the web player, the issues mentioned simply should not appear when I don't manually select that 'device' on my iPhone

Thus although the problem seems to have been solved this way for me personally, I still see those two issues to be resolved by spotify developers. It was extremely annoying to be honest, and you wouldn't want other people to share that experience. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @koenwingene, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Are you trying Web Player on Chrome for iOS or for Desktop?

Thanks! 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I had just come across a topic with the same issue more or less. It appears the solution is to log in with a web browser (on an iMac here), select 'log out from all devices' and then, finally, when logging into the spotify app on iphone, that 'web player (chrome)' device seems to be gone after all. Now every song plays as expected till the end of the song and no ridiculous songs are added.

I would guess that once upon a time I've logged into spotify with a browser and didn't log out. Perhaps someone else added a few playlists unaware of the fact that it was my account and that would explain the strange suggestions.

But, 
1. It's ridiculous one has to log in with a web browser to be able to log out on every device, that should also be available on the app as an option (or is it already and didn't I see it?).
2. Even when not logged out of the web player, the issues mentioned simply should not appear when I don't manually select that 'device' on my iPhone

Thus although the problem seems to have been solved this way for me personally, I still see those two issues to be resolved by spotify developers. It was extremely annoying to be honest, and you wouldn't want other people to share that experience. 

Hey @koenwingene,

I'm glad you're able to fix it!

That option is not on any of the Spotify apps as usually Account Management is done from websites, there's a big number of other services and companies that do the same.

However, if you would like, you can submit your idea about having it on the app too in Idea Submissions board.

If you need help with anything else, feel free to ask 😉

Hello,

I don't consider it 'account management' when you have a conflict on your mobile device with another device and you cannot solve it on the device you're having the issue. Besides my account is a 'premium family' account, and in fact it was my wife experiencing the problems, she has never used the website before, only the app, thus I don't see how she could be expected to know the problem could be solved there...

I've just submitted it as an 'idea'. We'll see how many hands-up it receives...

Thanks for your replies.

Suggested posts