Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

¿why cant I use the offline feature of the apple watch? it just doesn't show. My app is up to date.

¿why cant I use the offline feature of the apple watch? it just doesn't show. My app is up to date.

Hey so... recently I saw that the apple watch is able to download music and use it offline, nevertheless, my iPhone app just doesn't shot the option to do so. I've made sure that it is up to date. I live in Guatemala and have premium. ¿Is this issue because of my location?

4 Replies

Hey @mariofnajera

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We can confirm that the feature is available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later. If you don't see it working properly we recommend running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your iPhone to make sure no corrupted data are causing the issue. 

In case this persists, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Hi Ivan. Thanks for the reply. Does this mean that Spotify can confirm the feature has now been rolled out to all Premium subscribers? 

Hey @beefqueen

Thanks for posting your question here. 

For now we can't confirm if the feature has already been rolled out to all users worldwide. If we have a look at this newsroom release from May 21, 2021 it says that it'll be rolled out to all users globally over the coming few weeks.

This means that the rollout might still be in progress, and the best way to keep track of when the feature becomes available is to keep your app updated to the latest version

The Community is here for you if there's anything else. 

I have the same issue. Im in the UK and bought an Apple Watch this week only for this function so I can go running without my phone. The answer I got from the Spotify team on Facebook was that this is a trial feature and not available to all. They didn’t answer whether their website (which says otherwise) is just plain wrong.

Suggested posts