Spotify Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Green "checks"

by joshstiles4 on ‎26-04-2014 11:17 PM

Given that the "your music" section has functionally replaced starring, once I got used to it and everything started working right, it's not that bad. My suggestion is that once you hit the "plus" button on a song and it turns into the "check mark", just make the check mark green so it's easier to tell apart which songs are checked and which are not, much in the same way that when you "starred" a song, there was a bright gold star next to it so it was easy to tell which songs were starred and which were not. Green would be easy to see against the dark grey background and would match spotify's color scheme.

2015-02-27

Hey folks, we're marking this as a good idea today. Please continue to leave your feedback about Your Music here, thanks!

Comments
by Gold Streaming Artist on ‎27-04-2014 05:52 PM
Status changed to: New Idea

by lonsterpick on ‎04-05-2014 03:17 AM

DOES ANY KNOW IF YOU CAN REVERT BACK TO OLD SPOTIFY, HATE THE NEW ONE?

by rwkleinjr on ‎09-05-2014 04:50 PM

This would go a long way to making the functionality of My Music better resemble that of starring. Yes please.

by HenningKO ‎11-05-2014 10:50 PM - edited ‎11-05-2014 10:52 PM

Yes something like that. My own suggestion was to darken the plus so the check stood out more.

Or hey, why not make the check yellow and star-shaped? :)

..and instead of a plus for "unchecked", a darkened-out check (or star)? Can't get much simpler or intuitive than that...

by whocarez on ‎12-05-2014 03:00 PM

This has to happen if I am going to continue my premium subscription. I think the stars were the best function in Spotify, now a lot of the features are missing or on its way to be re-implemented. Hopefully this will be solved.

by jsh on ‎12-05-2014 11:58 PM

Yes, please put some color in those check marks! They're so hard to visually distinguish right now. It was a vital feature of the stars that has now been lost, and it would be really easy to fix. Do it! Do it! Do it!

by dhoulb on ‎13-05-2014 07:04 AM
This is absolutely vital. If I was the guy who designed the crappy tiny ticks, I'd be worried about my job.
by andedrunkard on ‎13-05-2014 01:25 PM

how is this a new idea?!?!?! 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-Back-Starred-Playlists-System/idi-p/729851

just bring back the starring as a functional feature that works as it did alongside the new my music library, we arent asking for a new feature! we can get used to the new method we just want stars back... 

guys, anyone reading this, please give kudos to the idea in the link. cheers

by ODH on ‎13-05-2014 07:21 PM
I´m not sure green is the best colour for us colour blind, since we´re normally green/red colour blind. Yellow is the easiest colour for the eye to spot.
by joshstiles4 on ‎18-05-2014 09:46 PM

Woot, halfway there! Not sure we have enough momentum to make it to 100 kudos at this rate, though... 

Announcements
Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count