Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

More precise playlist time length!

I can't believe there is not a more precise measure of time in larger playlists. 

Currently spotify will measure the time up to the nearest hour increment. For example a playlist containing songs adding up to 1 hour 30 mins will still only display as 1 hour, until such time as more tracks are added and it becomes 2 hours. Likewise for a day format, it could be 1 day 14 hours but will still read 1 day. WAY OFF.

It would be SIMPLE to change to a reading of XX Days HH:MM:SS for example.

Please implement this!!!

This was a great idea and it has now been implemented.
Comments
T2

This is a very good idea.

Peter__

This is a good idea, although not one that really bothers me much.

Should be very easy to implement too, since all the information needed is already in the client!

Peter

speakeasy

This is a no-brainer.

Why does Spotify round-up to the hour instead of listing the precise time of a playlist?

Hours:Minutes:Seconds

Computers compute numbers. That's one of the things they're good at. How hard would that be to implement?

Please change this feature in future updates. Thanks for listening!

neo-x

If you would'uv searched for the ideas BEFORE posting this, you would'uv noticed there are actually 3!! similar / identical ideas already.

speakeasy

Indeed. It's an important feature!

neo-x

Yeah but if you wish to see it implemented - add Kudos to an existing idea. This isn't a new idea.

S10QaN

I agree very largely!

Rocio
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello folks,

I´ve just marked this idea as "under consideration" since we have passed it along and the team is now considering it thanks to your feedback!

You guys make Spotify awesome.

Thank you all 🙂

ps: I have merged all the duplicate ideas to this one and added the exact amount of kudos.

William---

I don't understand what there is to "consider" about this – it's a feature that can only be an improvement and your competitors (e.g. iTunes) does it without making any fuss about such a basic function.

I have a large selection of opera recording playlists, and e.g. R Strauss' Salome by Solti and Wiener Philharmoniker shows as "1h" whereas its actual length is 1h 38min.

You should absolutely also show the length when viewing an entire album!

waddellm03

I just started my 30 day trial & use spotify to teach my cycle classes.  I don't see any reason to actually pay for it if I can't plan my playlists times the same way I can in itunes.  Please add this feature!!!