Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Replying to Inbox messages

I have a number of tracks in my inbox from friends who have shared music with me. Each track has a speech bubble that provides me with my friends comments about the track. This is great however the option to reply is missing! I would love to be able to reply with my thoughts about the track, whether I liked it or not etc. Thus, a conversational thread could be attached to individual tracks that have been shared. Thoughts? Feelings?

Hello everyone. Spotify here. We're excited to announce the brand new Messages feature currently being rolled out on all platforms. Messages allows you to group all of the music you've sent to and from people within Spotify, as well as browse these messages in a conversation view. You can even reply back with just text to help you keep the conversation going around music. Please share any feedback you have in the comments and enjoy the music!
Comments
MikeyB

Sounds like a stellar idea, :).

detmer14

This would definitely be benficial - especially for those who don't have Spotify connected through Facebook. They have no way of communicating with other Spotify users.

And even for Facebook users, in order to reply, they have to reply through FB instead of Spotify.

My kudos added to this.

Show_Stoppa

Sharing music with your freinds and seeing why they sent it to you is one of the biggest benefits of Spotify.  It seems a bit silly that I cannot continue the conversation within the Spotify platform.  Please give some thought into making this happen.  You have a community that loves listening and talking about music, that's why we are here, so give us the tools to continue that conversation where we are listening to the music. 

prr2112

This is the single most annoying problem with Spotify.  Not that there are any competitive products right now but seriously, how hard would it be to be able to reply when a friend says, "hey check out this band, they're coming to town, can you go?"

catapult37

OP says it all.  Inbox could be a great conversation starter, but unfortunately the conversation stops with the first message.  Spotify is all about discovering new music... I'd love to be able to give my friends feedback on the recommendations they make.

Rorey
Status changed to: Implemented
Hello everyone. Spotify here. We're excited to announce the brand new Messages feature currently being rolled out on all platforms. Messages allows you to group all of the music you've sent to and from people within Spotify, as well as browse these messages in a conversation view. You can even reply back with just text to help you keep the conversation going around music. Please share any feedback you have in the comments and enjoy the music!
Illuminaire

I still cannot reply to messages on my Spotify app on Android, or does this concern Windows?

Peter__

It is currently implemented on Desktop and Web Player only as far as I am aware. 

Peter

iamahab2

Thank you Spotify for turning me on to this group name Bon Jovi.  They are clearly an origional band that I would have never heard of if it weren't for your unique vision of artists.  Please keep sending enlightening emails regarding these up and coming groups.