Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Search] Search by BPM (Beats per Minute)

Hi All,

As someone who loves punishing my body by going for long runs,  a good playlist to keep me company is essential!

Picking out and discovering which 'choons' are going to speed me up and push me further can be tricky.

One trick used by many runners is to search out and find songs which all have a similar number of beats per minute so they can place them in order and then use the beat of the song to run to.

As such, it would be awesome to be able to search Spotify for songs which have specific ranges of BPM and then pick the cool [subjective] ones for inclusion in your playlists.

Cheers!

Updated on 2018-08-23

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

While we don't have plans for Search by BPM right now, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea.

We'll continue to check out the feedback here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks!

Comments
vurtual

try jog.fm

zuc704

Try going to jog.fm and building a playlist there.  It's made for making workout playlists by BPM, and it has spotify integrated.  After you build your playlist, you can just click "listen on spotify" and it'll give you a link to import your playlist.

jelmer3001

You can do this with the Moodagent app: you drop a playlist into this app and then you can arrange the songs based on tempo, as well as emotional things like 'anger, sensuality,happiness and tenderness'.

j4m1eb

I'd love to see this included

S10QaN

I agree! This should also be a part of th Spotify Radio! So that you can search for music for you jogging trip/running trip, or when you're just in the mood for slower/faster music.

Pelle76

A built in BPM function would be awsome!

Seeing the BPM as a column next to the trackname or something like that...

I love dancing and when practicing dance knowing the beat of each track makes life as easy as it can get.

I really need to know the beat so I can sort the music on it and make the practice flow...

Sure I can count the beat and write it down somewhere, but that would make life hard.

I know others that makes playlists for practicing, they are using iTunes and Winamp and even more competent software. I really hope that I will be able to use Spotify in the future when practicing...

Thansk...

thelazyupstart

Just displaying the BPMs alongsside the existing track information (i.e. artist, album, time etc) would be useful. It would also been that playlists could then be sorted by BPM. I imagine Spotify probably has a lot of extra track info like BPM available but that it is just hidden.

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Rocio
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Rocio
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hello folks!
We are not planning to do this at the moment, so we will mark the idea as "not right now". We love your feedback so please keep adding kudos and comments to it!
We might come back in the future so you can check this thread out for next updates.
Thanks!