Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

Tracks that are NOT on my playlist are playing in playlist shuffle mode

I post this on the Android Help because I have an Android. It seems like this could be a problem found with other devices, but so far I haven't experienced it on my desktop. I have a small playlist (which I'm still adding to) that I like to play when I'm in the shower. However, the last three times I've played it, I've heard songs that are NOT on the playlist being played. They are very similar, though. Today, I hopped out of the shower and checked the phone to see "Suggested Song" (or something like that). It was by an artist on my playlist but it was not a song on my playlist. WHY would I make a playlist with specific songs I wanted to listen to if I were just going to listen to the Radio and play songs "similar" to the ones I wanted? How do I stop this? How do I stop Spotify from telling me what I should listen to? It seems absurd to even have to ask this, but how do I listen to ONLY the music I put on a playlist? Is there some secret setting in the menu? You know, I can listen to songs I don't want to: it's called Pandora. I listen to Spotify because I can choose (more or less....thank you Shuffle) what I listen to. If that's changing, then what streaming music service do I use to get the results I want?

Who Me Too'd this topic