Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

New iOS app catastrophe (with Now, Moments, Running, Shows etc)

Hello!

I was excited to hear about what Spotify had to say at yesterdays press conference. I was quite dissapointed with the outcome reading tech blogs and newspaper posts about the new features Now, Moments, Running and Shows (Video + Audio Podcasts).

My iOS app on the iPhone 6 is on V 3.1 and tonight the app completely switched to the new layout with the new features. Now it's just bloatware! The core part of the Spotify app (my music and playlists!) has just shifted to the bottom of the menu and it takes far longer to access things then before. Apart from that the Podcast implementation is terrible, I don't do sport running about so want to get rid of that feature in the menu. Also the new now playing screen has made the title bar (with clock, signal strength etc.) completly disappear! It's like the basic feature when out and about being able to see this essential information from the now playing screen.

If there is no way to revert back to the previous version I would like either a) an option to turn to a "music only" version of the app or b) a refund for this new service I didn't sign up for.

I can not wait for WWDC and Apple to enter the streaming music market. They at least work with the following principle: Focus on things you do best and do them well. Spotify isn't Netflix, isn't Podcasting, isn't and never will be YouTube. Give it up.

Spotify was the future of music for me but has now just been destroyed in just one day. Am waiting for a response from you. And seriously: I will cancel my subscription if nothing is done by the time Apple brings out their new streaming service and I'm sure many will follow suit.

Regards

Who Me Too'd this topic