Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

Sync Over Cellular was disabled - Spotify iOS still synced over cellular - now charged 600 Euro

Hi, the title says it all really.

I renewed my Spotify Premium subscription at a party, and the next day I discovered that it had synced 2GB+ via 4G. I immediately checked my settings, and Music Quality > Sync Over Cellular was indeed disabled (i have always turned it off and I had no reason to ever turn it on). And yes I am not talking about separate settings on separate devices - this was all on my iPhone.

Those Gigabytes, sadly, means I have now been charged 600 euro.

A few things:

1)  Why did Spotify sync when Sync Over Cellular was disabled? Sounds impossible right?

2) Do you have a limit on how long each "session" lasts when you sync over mobile? Since mobile companies allegedly can't register how much data is used per session until the session is finished, it would make sense for spotify to update in smaller batches to prevent long data-intensive sessions and give phone companies the opportunity to block further updates if you have a data limit.

3) To whom at Spotify do I send the phone bill, since this was clearly caused by your software being faulty?

Who Me Too'd this topic