Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

Playlists on Echo?

I am a new Premium User.  I have an iPhone 6, a Windows desktop, an iPad, and an Amazon Echo.  I have had other music services in the past, such as Deezer, Amazon Prime, and Apple music.  But I signed up for Spotify because of its support for Amazon Echo.

I am having a very hard time trying to navigate the mess that is Spotify.    I would like Spotify to learn from my listening habits and suggest music for me to listen to.  Deezer did this brilliantly and effortlessly.  You could just ask it to Flow and it would play its best guess about what you like or don't based on your likes and listening history.   Spotify seems totally lost.   You can't even like songs from what I can see.  Or else you can, but only on certain devices and when playing certain streams that I haven't found yet.  You certainly can't do it on Echo.

So I am looking for a way to get some playlists that are to my taste based on my listening history and play them on Echo.  Or if that isn't possible, to at least search for some playlists on my desktop or phone, add those to my library, and then ask Alexa to play them.  Even this seems impossible.  I search for playlists on the Desktop, and you cannot add them to your library.  Instead you have to "Follow" them, whatever that means, and then they aren't in your library, and they certainly aren't accessible in Echo.

In an act of desperation, I created a playlist of my own called "Test" and added one song to it, and then tried to play that on Echo by saying "Alexa, play the playlist Test on Spotify".  This resulted in Alexa playing something totally different.

I do not want to create my own playlists.

Help!

Who Me Too'd this topic