Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

Double Speed Song Bug

I have found a slightly annoying bug on Spotify for iOS that causes music to speed up (approx. 2x speed). It has only occured twice, but I would like to make Spotify's developers aware of the issue so they can solve it.

The first time, I had paused Spotify on my iPhone, then later hit play on a bluetooth device I had connected to my phone. There was no response the first time I hit play for several seconds, so I hit it 2-3 more times until the music started. The music playback was at around 2x speed for several songs (I wanted to see if it would fix itself) until I started a song over, which fixed it. This was on version 5.3.0 of the Spotify Music app on my iPhone 6 Plus.

The second time, I had been listening to Spotify Music on my iPhone, and changed the song on the Joy for Spotify app for Apple Watch. I then decided to go back to the song I had previously been listening to, so I opened the Spotify Music app on my phone and the song I had previously been listening to was still there, paused, with a dialogue above it that said something along the lines of "Your music has been paused because your account is being used by another device." I dismissed the dialogue and hit play, and the song played at around 2x speed. I started the song over, and again fixed the problem. This time I was using version 5.4.0 of the Spotify Music app, on the same phone.

This problem is easy to fix by starting the song over, but I shouldn't have to start my music over every other time I try to listen to it. I hope my reporting of this bug will assist Spotify's iOS app developers in finding and fixing it. Feel free to ask for any other details if you need to. Thanks!

Who Me Too'd this topic