Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

Extremely high data usage on iphone

Since April, I have been experiencing a huge spike in data usage due to the spotify premium app on my iphone.  This never used to be an issue, and my listening habits have not changed.  I stream on my phone for maybe 20-30 minutes a day.  This should not be happening.  My phone bill was an extra $90 last month because of this.  

For context, my data usage in March was 1.9 GB.  Last month it was 14 GB.  As I said, NOTHING has changed in terms of my listening habits.   What is going on and how do I fix it?   It would be great if I could speak to a human being about this, but I can't seem to find a customer service number for spotify anywhere.   Compounding my frustration is the fact that any technical support email I send takes a full day to get a response, and they rarely even acknowledge the issue I'm having.    

I have an iphone 6.  I have spotify version 5.7.0 on my phone, and had the previous version prior to.  I have stream quality on Normal.  I only download via wifi.  I just did a statistic reset on the phone to track usage...haven't even listened to a song yet and i'm already at 2.7 MB of usage.  
Who Me Too'd this topic