Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

Spotify Connect doesn't work anymore on Yamaha RX V 681

Hi,

I'm a spotify user (premium) for a year and I recently (since approximatively 1 à 2 weeks) experience problems with Spotify Connect on my amplifier Yamaha RX-V681.

It worked very well before. I was able to launch my music with Spotify Connect on my amplifier from my iPhone, iPad or my PC (Windows 8.1) without any problem.

Now, i see the amp (RX-V681) on the list of devices to which I can stream but when I choose it, the spotify connect icon stays grey (not green like before)

I tried the following:

- Uninstall then re-installing spotify on My iPhone -> doesn't work

- Upgraded the Yamaha RX-V681 to the latest firmware -> doesn't work

- change the network settings to use a static IP (instead of DHCP) and the google DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 -> doesn't work

- execute a hard reset of the amplifier: Hold the "Straight" button while pushing the "Power" button and chose "Init ALL" -> This doesn't work either

The point is that Spotify Connect works on my PC (Win 8.1). I mean: I'am able to launch music from my Iphone or Ipad to my PC WITH Spotify Connect.

My PC like the amplifier (RX-V681) is connected to the local network with wire. So it can't be a network problem since Spotify Connect do work on the PC as stated in my previous sentence.

My questions:

- Has there been an upgrade of the Spotify Connect protocol recently ?

- How can I know if the Spotify version of the amplifier is always compatible with the Spotify Connect protocol ?

- Is there a way to upgrade the Spotify app embeded in the amplifier if needed ?

- Any other ideas ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

deto

Who Me Too'd this topic