Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

App keeps suggesting music that I do not listen to; why?

Hi all! 

I have been a Spotify user for a long time; and I'm a diehard fan of the service. I'm also a premium member, and as such, I do enjoy creating, tweaking and just enjoy finding vibes with playlists. Yet sometimes, I just want to jump into a "radio station", and listen for something new and enjoyable for my tastes. 

I'm fairly picky about music; and what I do not understand is why Spotify "suggests" music that I absolutely detest. Seriously, it's almost as if someone in Spotify is playing a joke; the suggestions are that bad. I am a metal music nerd. But I also love blues. classical, and some ambient electronic. I absolutely DETEST pop music, DESTEST X10 Hip Hop, and disappointed in what Country has become. Yet, everything that makes me want to wretch shows up as suggestions. Why???

Not even kidding, it's like someone intentionally "suggests" music that is the polar opposite of what I listen to. And no, I do not get suggestions based upon the music that I actually individually choose. I pick my music, song by song; as opposed to by artist and by genre. So it's not like I'm lacking data for behavioral analytics alghorythms. Are those algorythm's set to choose S*it that I detest? 

And how can I make the sewage in my suggestion boxes stop? 

Who Me Too'd this topic